Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Texas BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2011, 06:12 AM   #41
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I need to get the new seasons, i only have 1-6 on my harddrive.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 AM   #42
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
How much was it?

Also, I don't own a pistol, just a 357 revolver. Someone was telling me I should borrow someone's pistol to take the class, because if you take it with a pistol, you can carry a pistol or revolver, but if you take it with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver.
The places I was looking at in Houston offer rentals for the day for your class.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 AM   #43
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
About time for a Texas thread!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:22 AM   #44
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by APTJ View Post
this state is too big...
As before mentioned by APTJ, Texas is big, but for those in the DFW, emphasize on the FW part, we are meeting up for Taco Tuesday tomorrow night; here is the link:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...ml#post2638669

We'll try and plan a little better and maybe more centrally next time, but we Fort Worth guys wanted to throw somehting together. This is North Fort Worth for those not familiar with us out west, 3 exits South of the Texas Motor Speedway on 35W.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:34 AM   #45
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
There used to be a Texas BS thread, but the mods closed it down a few months back. It was the 3rd largest thread on TW.

A few things went down, and a few people got banned, and the thread was closed/deleted.

Good to have another one going.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:41 AM   #46
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsbrain03 View Post
There used to be a Texas BS thread, but the mods closed it down a few months back. It was the 3rd largest thread on TW.

A few things went down, and a few people got banned, and the thread was closed/deleted.

Good to have another one going.
To the OP: So don't do anything stupid to get it closed down again!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:48 AM   #47
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
There's some trails around where I live at Lake arrowhead and also up at the red river. I havent taken the truck to the river, just the quad.

Anybody watch hogs gone wild last night on discovery?
It made me wanna go hog huntin pretty bad
Old 01-31-2011, 06:52 AM   #48
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
There's some trails around where I live at Lake arrowhead and also up at the red river. I havent taken the truck to the river, just the quad.

Yall got a nice motorcross track up there too! I went up there last year to visit a friend that was in training. We got tons of hogs down here you can shoot up, we do it almost every weekend
Old 01-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #49
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Yall got a nice motorcross track up there too! I went up there last year to visit a friend that was in training. We got tons of hogs down here you can shoot up, we do it almost every weekend
yea there is a really sweet mx track, there is also a place in Bulcher, TX that is suppose to have some awesome trails for bikes and quads.

http://www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com/

We have tons of hogs out here too, once it warms up a little in gonna try to get out a few times this year
Old 01-31-2011, 07:42 AM   #50
McGrubber

Quote:
yea there is a really sweet mx track, there is also a place in Bulcher, TX that is suppose to have some awesome trails for bikes and quads.

We have tons of hogs out here too, once it warms up a little in gonna try to get out a few times this year
I think the place i went to up there was called East forks Mx. Im looking for a new AR15 to start using as my varmint gun. the hog problem out here is getting out of hand so we gotta get it under control haha.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:10 AM   #51
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Not sure I wanted to hunt them as much as it just made want to go out and start shooting them. We have some land in Southern Oklahoma, over run with wild hogs.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 AM   #52
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
There is always General Sams...

www.generalsames.com

Good offroading park near Huntsville, TX
Old 01-31-2011, 08:58 AM   #53
Nightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Nick
Nightwar's Tacoma Gallery
Link did not work. I know where that is at though. Might go out there this spring.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #54
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
To the OP: So don't do anything stupid to get it closed down again!
well I dont plan on doing anything to get it closed down

Quote:

if yall are ever in need of an extra man for a pig hunt let me know ive been achin to put the hurtin on a couple of em. i missed a chance at some 2 weeks ago cuz the gun malfunctioned.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #55
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Wait so there are other places besides Bridgeport and the coast area?
Quite a few..

Courtesy of TTR (all distances are from Dallas):

-BMRA, Gilmer, TX (2hr 30 min)

-Primitive Acres, Mt. Enterprise, TX (3hr)

-Shiloh Ridge, Alto, TX (3hr)

-General Sam's, Huntsville, TX (3hr)

-Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch, Bryan, TX (3hr 10 min)

-Clayton, OK (3hr 40 min)

-Long ranch OHVRA, Llano, TX (3hr 50 min)

-Spring Creek, Spring, TX (3hr 50min)

-Post, Aspermont, TX (4hr 30 min)

-Cline Ranch, San Antonio, TX (4hr 40 min)

-Katemcy Rocks, Mason, TX (5hr 10 min)

-Superlift ORV Park, Hot Springs, AR (5hr 10 min)

-Disney (Langley), OK (5 hr 20min)

-Trees Ranch, Kerrville, TX (5hr 30 min)

-D-Day, Wyandotte, OK (5hr 40 min)

-Y.O. Ranch, Mountain Home, TX (5hr 45min)

-Rough Canyon, Del Rio, TX (7hr)

-Satan's Playground, Juno, TX (7hr 30 min)

This list of sanctioned/legal wheeling areas excludes National Parks, National Forests and National Grasslands, with (with a couple of exceptions below) are not OHV friendly:

Big Bend National Park (Terlingua) is well known for scenic desert-style expedition trips. There is a link to a recent TLCA trip here and information on the park here

Palo Duro Canyon is more rugged and adventuresome. Palo Duro has two scheduled runs per year: Jeep Jamboree in May and Jeep Challenge in September. If you enjoy wheeling and aren't xenophobic, it is a great wheeling. Contact Ann Christian of the Figure 3 Ranch at 806-944-5562 to set up a group run. Some info here & an article here

Here's another link to a huge list of mostly out-of-the-way places, I can't vouch for it being updated or accurate though: 4x4trails.net"
Old 01-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #56
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
Quote:
Not sure I wanted to hunt them as much as it just made want to go out and start shooting them. We have some land in Southern Oklahoma, over run with wild hogs.
if you need some help shooting them, I can help you out
Old 01-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #57

I am going up to Disney this summer sometime. For a weekend trip.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #58
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I am going up to Disney this summer sometime. For a weekend trip.
Your gonna wheel Disney? take pics.. I am curious what they have.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #59
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSter0077 View Post
Quite a few..

Courtesy of TTR (all distances are from Dallas):

-BMRA, Gilmer, TX (2hr 30 min)

-Primitive Acres, Mt. Enterprise, TX (3hr)

-Shiloh Ridge, Alto, TX (3hr)

-General Sam's, Huntsville, TX (3hr)

-Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch, Bryan, TX (3hr 10 min)

-Clayton, OK (3hr 40 min)

-Long ranch OHVRA, Llano, TX (3hr 50 min)

-Spring Creek, Spring, TX (3hr 50min)

-Post, Aspermont, TX (4hr 30 min)

-Cline Ranch, San Antonio, TX (4hr 40 min)

-Katemcy Rocks, Mason, TX (5hr 10 min)

-Superlift ORV Park, Hot Springs, AR (5hr 10 min)

-Disney (Langley), OK (5 hr 20min)

-Trees Ranch, Kerrville, TX (5hr 30 min)

-D-Day, Wyandotte, OK (5hr 40 min)

-Y.O. Ranch, Mountain Home, TX (5hr 45min)

-Rough Canyon, Del Rio, TX (7hr)

-Satan's Playground, Juno, TX (7hr 30 min)

This list of sanctioned/legal wheeling areas excludes National Parks, National Forests and National Grasslands, with (with a couple of exceptions below) are not OHV friendly:

Big Bend National Park (Terlingua) is well known for scenic desert-style expedition trips. There is a link to a recent TLCA trip here and information on the park here

Palo Duro Canyon is more rugged and adventuresome. Palo Duro has two scheduled runs per year: Jeep Jamboree in May and Jeep Challenge in September. If you enjoy wheeling and aren't xenophobic, it is a great wheeling. Contact Ann Christian of the Figure 3 Ranch at 806-944-5562 to set up a group run. Some info here & an article here

Here's another link to a huge list of mostly out-of-the-way places, I can't vouch for it being updated or accurate though: 4x4trails.net"
holy cow i had no idea that their were that many in texas...to bad there isnt any closer to DFW. sounds like a good business opprotunity for somebody
Old 01-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #60
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
holy cow i had no idea that their were that many in texas...to bad there isnt any closer to DFW. sounds like a good business opprotunity for somebody
Oh well, Dallas sux anyways.. j/j

I guess I am lucky my Fav is only 72 miles from the house. Still a long freaking ways to drive how with something broken!

Products Discussed in this Thread