Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

How are Texans getting ready for IKE?

Old 09-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
How are Texans getting ready for IKE?

HOW are TEXANS getting ready for IKE?

I just got back from wal-mart and there were no shopping carts if that tells you anything! Took almost 2 hours to get to the gas pump!!

Im 2 1/2 hours inland (Lufkin) and the traffic here is nutz!

IKE is HUGE and seems pissed!!!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Our company has a huge plant in Freeport. They're scrambling as I type to get everything they can secured. I'm on the east coast, but I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
im glad it passed us by, but im wishing luck and well being to everyone in the path of that storm!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Water: check
Food: check
Gas: check
Computer with internet and on TW: CHECK
Old 09-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Water: check
Food: check
Gas: check
Computer with internet and on TW: CHECK

We good to go!!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #7
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be heading to the liquor store tomorrow after class.

I plan to sit on my balcony and yell at the sky like Lt. Dan
Old 09-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
I'll be heading to the liquor store tomorrow after class.

I plan to sit on my balcony and yell at the sky like Lt. Dan
funny...thats what i like to do too

and and you bastards in texas...youre causing idiots up here to knee jerk and limit my gas purchases to 10 gal
Old 09-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #9
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
funny...thats what i like to do too

and and you bastards in texas...youre causing idiots up here to knee jerk and limit my gas purchases to 10 gal
Can you blame us? We have no idea how to react to severe weather. No ice, moderate rainfall. Normally Louisiana is our hurricane magnet. That's why we never took their land in the 1800's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I called the wife about 30 minutes ago.. said "bring home beer... enough to last until Sunday"
So that's what, 2 kegs?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #10
Bourbon

Yeah, I just got off the phone with my dad and he said that it would be more like a regular bad storm than a hurricane.

Storm or no storm, there will be a drunkard on the balcony yelling at the sky.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i think that someone needs to send me some texas beer to make up for causing my gas prices to go over $5 a gallon
Old 09-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #12
Bourbon

Coors East of the Mississippi? You know that's bootleggin' boy.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Coors East of the Mississippi? You know that's bootleggin' boy.
shhh
Old 09-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #14
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Arrow HUrricane area Web cams

VARIOUS WEBCAMS FROM AROUND THE HOUSTON - GALVESTON METRO AREA
** PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU OPEN THESE LINKS IN A NEW WINDOW, I'M NOT SURE
HOW TO MAKE THEM DO THAT IN UBBCODE.
Enjoy,
Geoff in east Texas

HOUSTON, ALONG THE I-10 EAST CORRIDOR.
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/cctv/transtar/by_roadway.html?mnu=freeway&rd=IH-10_East

HOUSTON, ALONG THE I-10 WEST CORRIDOR.
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/cctv/transtar/by_roadway.html?mnu=freeway&rd=IH-10_Katy

HOUSTON, ALONG THE I-45 SOUTH CORRIDOR.
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/cctv/transtar/by_roadway.html?mnu=freeway&rd=IH-45_Gulf

HOUSTON CBS TELEVISION CHANNEL 11 KHOU
http://www.khou.com

HOUSTON ABC TELEVISION CHANNEL 13 KTRK
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/index

HOUSTON NBC TELEVISION CHANNEL 2 KPRC
http://www.click2houston.com/index.html

HOUSTON FOX TELEVISION CHANNEL 26 KRIV
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/

GALVESTON TEXAS STRAND WEB CAM
http://www.galveston.com/webcams/thestrand/frameset.html

GALVESTON TEXAS STEWART BEACH WEB CAM
http://www.galveston.com/webcams/stewartbeach/frameset.html

GALVESTON TEXAS SEA WALL BLVD WEB CAM
http://www.galveston.com/webcams/thespottwo/frameset.html

GALVESTON TEXAS SEA WALL BLVD WEB CAM 2
http://www.galveston.com/webcams/thespot/frameset.html

GALVESTON TEXAS SEA WALL BLVD WEB CAM 3
http://www.galveston.com/webcams/surfcam/frameset.html

GALVESTON TEXAS HARBOR CAM
http://www.galveston.com/webcams/harborhouseeast/frameset.html

GALVESTON TEXAS HARBOR CAM
http://www.galveston.com/webcams/postoffice/frameset.html

AIR LIQUID CHEMICAL PLANT
http://www.instacam.com/showcam.asp?id=ALSTN&size=S
Old 09-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #15
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
another sweet cam site

HERE
Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #16
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i think that someone needs to send me some texas beer to make up for causing my gas prices to go over $5 a gallon
$5 a gallon

The station near my house went up $.10
I am glad the wife and I filled up yesterday.

Now I need to go watch Smokey and the Bandit
Old 09-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #17
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
-- People sheltering at ground level at Galveston Bay when Hurricane Ike hits face "certain death," the weather service warns.

came in e-mail a few minutes ago from CNN.

Get out folks!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #18
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Going to have 60-80+ mph winds for 12 str8 hours!
Old 09-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #20
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
We're ok here. Lost power for 36hours > that was hell!

Took a few pics to share

Just getting started

Fence is Doomed!!

Not much left

See ya Fence!

Poor truck! (Not mine)

Another view of the dead fence that we park by daily.

After the storm

This tree fell the RIGHT direction...In front of our building!! A dude on a motorcycle actually hit this tree and went FLYING off hit bike. The power was out and the roads were totally dark . He was hurt, but drove the bike away.

Massive tornado hit down 2 football fields away from us. Took this building OUT!

I could drive around and take 1000's of pics like this