Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

AHH pinion bearing melted to front diff case, need a diff case anyone have one?!!

Old 04-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I could help you there, but I don't even know anyone with a first gen Tacoma here.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
No Road. No Problem.
03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough

Name: Alex
03TRDtacotrucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackToyotaTacoma View Post
Wish I could help you there, but I don't even know anyone with a first gen Tacoma here.
ya my trucks in the shop now so cant get it back till they get the part. Have a guy on TTORA who has a front diff housing for a 98/ with manual locking hubs but not sure if those are compatible to where you can just swap out the tubes.... anyone know?
Old 04-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
trade you my prerunner parts for the 4x4 parts

But try ebay, it may take a little longer. Or try a local Foreign salvage yard. You can search inventory on one website for all local junkyards.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #6
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
How the hell did it weld itself to the housing? If the bearing goes, it usually welds to the pinion, then disintegrates. It's one of those things you tend to notice before you f-up the case. What happened?
Old 04-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
No Road. No Problem.
03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
How the hell did it weld itself to the housing? If the bearing goes, it usually welds to the pinion, then disintegrates. It's one of those things you tend to notice before you f-up the case. What happened?
front end had a pretty good axle seal leak that I didnt notice cause I park in different parking spots at my apt. everyday so an oil spot is difficult to notice when you dont know what was there before, needless to say the common no oil due to new pinion angle the fabtech lift puts it at just got 10 times more likely to happen, which it did, so driving home during the icy weather here over a month ago in 4H at about 45mph heared a grinding noise for couple of seconds then the whole front of the truck noise dives, scared the piss out of me but thats when I noticed the leak ....no oil- means no lubrication- which leads to friction- and friction leads to lots of heat = a welder
Old 04-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
No Road. No Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post
trade you my prerunner parts for the 4x4 parts

But try ebay, it may take a little longer. Or try a local Foreign salvage yard. You can search inventory on one website for all local junkyards.
called all the junk yards, found only one with a front 4.10 but will only sell the whole diff assembly and wants 700.00 for it.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #10
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TRDtacotrucker View Post
well wound up getting a rebuild front axle that 4wp found for like 300 bucks worked out pretty good, just got the truck back with the 4.88's installed yesterday, which by the way are freaking awesome and way worth the money.
Glad it worked out for ya. 4.88s are bad ass - I love mine