Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

2nd South Padre Island meet 07/23/2011

Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
2nd South Padre Island meet 07/23/2011

Hey guys it's that time of the year again so lets make it happen! With more people, and more Tacos! July 23, 2011. It will land on a Saturday. We can meet in the Port Isabel Wal-Mart parking lot again, unless y'all have other suggestions...

Either way it will be on the 23rd of July, so plan for it and get ready to meet-n-greet, gawk at each others trucks, and get ready to turn some heads TacomaWorld style. This year should be a bigger turn out. We can meet at the Wal mart in Port Isabel, and head out in a Tacoma "convoy" to SPI.

BYOB, bring the grills out, lets have some burgers on the beach or something. Bring out some fire wood and have a bon fire when the sun goes down. Surf fishing anybody? I caught a shark once on access 5 beach. Who knows what will bite...

Just throwing ideas out there.

Please throw out some suggestions for the time (hour) we should meet. South Texas Tacomas let's do this!

This post will be edited as time goes along.

List of who is going:

Me.
Animal
RDTACOMA
MaTaeYo
anthonyj326
tc98tacoma
210thumper
hudhawk
fadethespy
Oskie_78
TXprotrd

Maybe

TacoRun
BerthDZ

BYOB!

Maybe some firewood, for a bonfire at night.

A small grill for some burgers or something. I don't have a grill, but I can bring charcoal, some napkins, or paper plates.

I'm taking my rods too, and hopefully won't forget the bait this time.

Anymore ideas, suggestions?

Almost time guys. I've had my time scheduled off since last month.

We'll meet at the intersection of Culebra and 1604, in the H-E-B parking lot between 7:30-7:45 am. So if we take off at 8 am, we should get to Corpus at 10ish, hook up with the people from that area, and head out. We should reach the valley by 12:15-12-30 ish.

So we can meet up with the valley people at 1-2 pm at the Wal Mart of Port Isabel. Then we'll head over to the Island to turn some fuckin heads! It might be kinda early,and sunny, but we'll spend the rest of the day on the beach.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
I would like to make this one...but I'm sure my wife would want to go too. Anyone taking their wife/girlfriend?
Old 06-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

Name: Bert
BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskie_78 View Post
I would like to make this one...but I'm sure my wife would want to go too. Anyone taking their wife/girlfriend?
If I go mine will most definetly be with me as well.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
animal93 is on a distinguished road

Name: lupe
animal93's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I'm in and the wife too.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
TX is such a big ass state. It would be a 12 hour drive for me to go
Old 06-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yea true, I remember last year there was another meet somewhere up in North TX, while we were having our little SPI meet.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm home that weekend then I'm in. I will let you guys know for sure if im in about....3 days before.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #9
RDtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Albert
RDtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
going for sure!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #11
WskBarrett is on a distinguished road
WskBarrett's Tacoma Gallery
AH! I want to go bad, especially since I just bought a Tacoma and I live in Los Fresnos. Sadly, I'm taking a road trip to Connecticut with the GF in late July.

I'll definitely be in for another RGV Tacoma get-together.

Any lift experts in the 956? I'm looking to lift, but don't have experience working on suspension.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like fun - but I'm about 8 hours away. Maybe next year when I can get some time off of work.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #14
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
This looks like the turn out is going to be only 2 tacos smh
Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #15
MaTaeYo is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
MaTaeYo's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be there...
Old 06-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #16
RDtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Albert
RDtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
TRUCKTOYZ!!!! thats where i got my lift a 6in fabtech
Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
MaTaeYo's Tacoma Gallery
We're 1 month out...will this be a bigger meet than last year? That'd be cool.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTaeYo View Post
We're 1 month out...will this be a bigger meet than last year? That'd be cool.

Man I hope so.

Done anything crazy to your truck lately? I've been meaning to get a bed mat like the one you have but procrastination usually gets the best of me. hahaha
Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #19
MaTaeYo's Tacoma Gallery
Few things...lift, tires, wheels, oem roofrack, wet okles, weathertechs, etc. I'm pretty sure I saw you in port isabel once earlier this summer...
Old 06-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTaeYo View Post
Few things...lift, tires, wheels, oem roofrack, wet okles, weathertechs, etc. I'm pretty sure I saw you in port isabel once earlier this summer...

NICE! I bet your truck looks like a beast! The OEM roof rack really makes these trucks stand out when they are lifted huh?

Shoulda honked dude. haha