Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Texas Off Road Parks Listing

Old 07-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #21
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
The area on the red river. I have also seen people offloading in the red river botts where 259 crosses just south of Idabel, ok. I have no idea how many trails there are or how legal it is.
I still want to get a little more info on that - probably will post a "wheel at your own risk" disclaimer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwar View Post
add Down South Off-Road - Crosby, tx http://www.downsouthoffroad.com/
How was the place? Was it an all out 4x4 park or was it 2x4 friendly also?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #22
Nightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Nick
Nightwar's Tacoma Gallery
Well it is 2x4 friendly if they go when its dry like right now. When it starts to get wet out or next year after the mud boggers hit it, it will be a 4x4 only park(Its still new). However, if they want to come into the park they can drive on the main road through it, on the way out I saw the workers grading the road with a tractor.

My answer to your question is I am not sure. We drove through most of the park in 2x4, not hitting any mud on our little reconnaissance trip. look under houston area meet thread page 28, to give you an idea. The trails are not marked and if you get to a bad spot it would be a long way to back up.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:37 PM   #23
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well it is 2x4 friendly if they go when its dry like right now. When it starts to get wet out or next year after the mud boggers hit it, it will be a 4x4 only park(Its still new). However, if they want to come into the park they can drive on the main road through it, on the way out I saw the workers grading the road with a tractor.

My answer to your question is I am not sure. We drove through most of the park in 2x4, not hitting any mud on our little reconnaissance trip. look under houston area meet thread page 28, to give you an idea. The trails are not marked and if you get to a bad spot it would be a long way to back up.

Sounds like a good park then. Mainly for 4x4s and 2x4s if the driver is heavy with the skinny pedal.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #24

Maybe we could get this thread stickied so it is easier to find in the Texas Section.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #26

Quote:
That would be nice!
PMed Chris4x4, he said it will happen.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #27

Posting picture links where possible. Any other additions anyone can think of? Any new parks anyone has found in or around Texas?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #28
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Heard about a new place in Glen Rose from my buddy. I'll get more info from him next time I see him. Said it was a pretty good park.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Heard about a new place in Glen Rose from my buddy. I'll get more info from him next time I see him. Said it was a pretty good park.

Hmmmmm.... really? I know of a couple off road bicycle places but not 4x4.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #30
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Good call Zech, I was about to copy your signature last night.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Good call Zech, I was about to copy your signature last night.

Thanks. What does anyone/everyone think of the format? I tried to make it easier to find parks in your area. Kinda hard with loosely defined areas though.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #32
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
Thanks. What does anyone/everyone think of the format? I tried to make it easier to find parks in your area. Kinda hard with loosely defined areas though.
looks good. can i hire you to organize my garage?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
looks good. can i hire you to organize my garage?

I wish. I can organize data in my sleep. My garage looks like atomic powered gremlins had an orgy in there.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #35
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
For future reference, Bridgeport is no longer going to require an OHV sticker.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:52 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
For future reference, Bridgeport is no longer going to require an OHV sticker.
Where did you hear that and I wonder why?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:47 AM   #37
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice job! Now these are all going to be actual parks, is there anywhere to just list trails? Something that is not officially listed as a "park", but similar to what they found down in Euless?
Old 08-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Nice job! Now these are all going to be actual parks, is there anywhere to just list trails? Something that is not officially listed as a "park", but similar to what they found down in Euless?
I'm sure I can list those too. I'll just tag them differently.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #39
Nightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Nick
Nightwar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PMed Chris4x4, he said it will happen.
didn't happen
Old 08-07-2011, 05:22 AM   #40

Quote:
didn't happen
You are correct. I hit him again about it.

Chris4x4 glued it for us.