Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Texas Off Road Parks Listing

Old 09-08-2011, 04:26 AM   #42
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone find any new places?
Old 10-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #43
Jmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Scout
Name: James
Jmartin89's Tacoma Gallery
anyone been to general sams or down south how are for the not so extreme tacoma
Old 10-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #44
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmartin89 View Post
anyone been to general sams or down south how are for the not so extreme tacoma
it's not worth the money compared to other areas in texas within a short drive. with that being said, check it out for yourself, a stock 4x4 is more than capable of riding the "trails" out at downswouth...unless it rains more than an inch.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #45
Nightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Nick
Nightwar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
it's not worth the money compared to other areas in texas within a short drive. with that being said, check it out for yourself, a stock 4x4 is more than capable of riding the "trails" out at downswouth...unless it rains more than an inch.
^x2

Downsouth is fun right now on stock, since its dry.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #46
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwar View Post
^x2

Downsouth is fun right now on stock, since its dry.
Sounds like the rear breather mod is a must for that place when it is wet.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:47 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodriver08 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm still sorta new to TW. I live in SETX and i'm always looking for a place to just go ride. Has anyone been up to the Barnwell Mountain Rec area?
I haven't been there; but the place is supposed to have a good sized fan base of people that like it. I'm sure if you post something in the Texas BS thread that you can find someone to go with you.

Anyone find any new places around Texas for mud/rocks/trails?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #50
Yournaym is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
Yournaym's Tacoma Gallery
Marshall Creek! i just got my tacoma but ive driven dirt bikes and other atvs here. its very close to dfw. On lake grapevine. anytime someone wants to meet up here send me a message
Old 01-04-2012, 04:39 AM   #51

Can you drive 4x4 rigs at Marshall Creek? Have an address or is it one of the "roadside off road places" like 360? I have a buddy that goes to 360 a lot and he is backing off for a while because the cops were cracking down really bad the last couple times he went.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #52
Nightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Another park for H-town. I just got home from this place today, had a blast. I dont no if I would bring my taco out there. There were some trucks and lots of jeeps. I rode my Grizzly, and there were some pretty tough trails for the jeep that was with us. The trails are tight, and there is a lot of water and mud. Not really any sand hills if that is what your in too. I will post up the youtube link later if anyone is interested.

It's in Splendora, Tx. Which is off of hwy 59 north.
http://creeksideedge.com/

No rocks.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #53

Post the link and I'll put it next to the park listing. It is good to see more parks showing up around the big cities.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #54
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwar View Post
Another park for H-town. I just got home from this place today, had a blast. I dont no if I would bring my taco out there. There were some trucks and lots of jeeps. I rode my Grizzly, and there were some pretty tough trails for the jeep that was with us. The trails are tight, and there is a lot of water and mud. Not really any sand hills if that is what your in too. I will post up the youtube link later if anyone is interested.

It's in Splendora, Tx. Which is off of hwy 59 north.
http://creeksideedge.com/
What about rocks?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:04 AM   #56
98yoter is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sergeant 1 MAW
Name: Ash
98yoter's Tacoma Gallery
I was getting on here to post about creekside offroading but Nightwar beat me to the punch.

We drove through a good portion of the place in a stock z71 and a 2 wheel drive 4 wheeler but there were some places we knew we couldnt make it through. Besides that we had a great time. He also hosts a huge get together Mardi Mud Gras that usually brings a good amount of people and toys from all around.

There are several trails and they are in the process of making more. The guy that owns the place is a long time friend so if there is any additional information you would like to know give me a shout.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #57
Yournaym is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
Yournaym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
Can you drive 4x4 rigs at Marshall Creek? Have an address or is it one of the "roadside off road places" like 360? I have a buddy that goes to 360 a lot and he is backing off for a while because the cops were cracking down really bad the last couple times he went.
you were right about taking 4x4s out there, they have changed the name and a bunch of the rules. no go

heres the link if anyone is interested for dirt bikes or 4 wheelers

http://www.trophyclub.org/parks_rec/..._club_park.asp
Old 01-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #58
PPM is on a distinguished road

PPM's Tacoma Gallery
Great Info

Thanks for the great info. Will keep thread handy.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #59

Law Enforcement:
I am thinking about going to this place:
http://www.hoghole.com/

Anyone got any good info on it? looks really close to south houston/pearland.