Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Texas Off Road Parks Listing

Old 02-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #61
Nightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Nick
Nightwar's Tacoma Gallery
well I will definitely hit it on my atv as soon as I find some one to ride with. I will take some recent pics of it and what not..... I guess I will plan to go in april I think
Old 04-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #63
Christ-a-licious
Battle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 15-6'rs
Name: Korben
Battle Pope's Tacoma Gallery
thanks OP and contributors!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #64
Just a desert dude.
XIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
XIGUNHAWKIX's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to add another spot to West Texas. There's thousands of acres of GLO (general land office) west of Big Bend National Park and I have to tell you, it's a slice of heaven. It's a great place for desert running, hill climbing, camping, shooting, or whatever you wanna do. As far as i know, it's the largest, most badass place in Texas that you can come and go at your leisure. Plus, IT'S FREE!! PM if you're interested and I'll tell you exactly where it is
Old 05-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #65
Nightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
OP add Creekside Edge to the first page please. 30mins north of houston

http://creeksideedge.com/

still waiting to get time to check out 2 more that are close to houston
Old 05-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #66
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Pope View Post
thanks OP and contributors!
No problem; just keeping people informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIGUNHAWKIX View Post
I'd like to add another spot to West Texas. There's thousands of acres of GLO (general land office) west of Big Bend National Park and I have to tell you, it's a slice of heaven. It's a great place for desert running, hill climbing, camping, shooting, or whatever you wanna do. As far as i know, it's the largest, most badass place in Texas that you can come and go at your leisure. Plus, IT'S FREE!! PM if you're interested and I'll tell you exactly where it is
Why so secret about the location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwar View Post

Will do; let me get done with my homework first.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #67
Just a desert dude.
XIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
Why so secret about the location?
Calm down bud, no one's trying to hide anything from you. Just didn't figure people wanted to read a list of directions unless they were really interested. I'm actually headed down there this weekend if you or anyone else wants to roll. It's gonna be a good one!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #68
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIGUNHAWKIX View Post
Calm down bud, no one's trying to hide anything from you. Just didn't figure people wanted to read a list of directions unless they were really interested. I'm actually headed down there this weekend if you or anyone else wants to roll. It's gonna be a good one!
That was pretty calm. Post up a lat long of the trailhead or something. Work with Google maps or earth and post something up.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #69
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwar View Post

Are you wheeling your ATV or truck there? Seems pretty ATV centric with a couple jeeps here and there... lol
Old 05-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #70
Just a desert dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
That was pretty calm. Post up a lat long of the trailhead or something. Work with Google maps or earth and post something up.
My bad bro, im a diva without caffeine in the morning lol. Here's a map of the path we'll be taking out there. It's basically a big loop through plains, mountains, canyons, then open desert.

We'd start out South of Marfa ( Lat: 30°18'9.83"N , Lon:104° 1'49.49"W) and head to the border on RR 2810.

Like I said, I'll be headed down there on Friday morning (early) if anyone here wants to join. It's gonna be a good expedition with some killer camping spots. For Texas, it's the closest thing to the AZ and CA deserts you can find. Hope you guys can make it.
Attached Thumbnails
Texas Off Road Parks Listing-expeditionmap.jpg  
Old 05-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #72
vandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to all

vandolizm's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is a new park in the Alief-Houston area called Sugar Hill ORP. Don't know much about it. It's open only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #73
Just a desert dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
That part of Texas is on my wish list. Thanks for posting.
No prob man, it's an awesome place. Lived there for 2 years and really learned the back country and "speak-easys" if you know what I mean. I'd be glad to show anyone around who's down to go
Old 05-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #74

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Are you wheeling your ATV or truck there? Seems pretty ATV centric with a couple jeeps here and there... lol
I take my ATV out first. Creekside edge is more ATV oriented, I wouldnt take my tacoma out there. Someone can off road their truck there if they know the park I guess. I am just adding it to the off road park list of placing you can wheel. Most people arent that hardcore about mud though.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #75
nitekrawler is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Air force A.G.E., dallas pd reserve
nitekrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know anything about the Trinity river bottoms in Dallas, I see trucks out there all the time, but I don't know where the access is... or if it is legal, I know some areas that have access to the barrier tops have road closed gates, but I still do see a lot of trucks down there....
Old 06-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #76
Just a desert dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitekrawler View Post
Anyone know anything about the Trinity river bottoms in Dallas, I see trucks out there all the time, but I don't know where the access is... or if it is legal, I know some areas that have access to the barrier tops have road closed gates, but I still do see a lot of trucks down there....
Yes, I've been there actually. I cant remember the entrance we took as i was following others and it was at night. I do remember it was somewhere off of 360. We went at night because the local smokies have been patrolling it during the day and evening on quads lol. But it's a legit place, lot's of fun trails and hills and there's even some shallows where you can play in the river. PM if you wanna hit it up sometime man, Im sure we can find an entrance to it on googleEarth
Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #77
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
update for Trees Ranch. It's back open, sorta. Just a few weekend a year. http://www.treesranch4x4.com/

good hunting though
Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #78
elblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant future

Name: Blake
elblako91's Tacoma Gallery
Canadian River bed just north of amarillo. Also up at texana ranch in blackwell they hold the baja racing of texas races up there.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #79
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Not to bump a d thread but it is a sticky so figured its okay... Anyone know any deser time runs west north west of dfw ? I know you can go to a few near Amarillo and then out in hill country but trying to find something within 3 hrs or so north dfw.. Having no luck biggest issue is finding something open during the week I work weekends.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #80
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Updated the best I can at this point. Any new parks open up? Any close?