Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Texas Trail Rig Build BS Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #41
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Unless he is eye balling your rig....
Old 07-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #42
badbob76087 is on a distinguished road
Marines: USMC Retired.  F-4 Phantoms, F-18 Blue Angels
Name: Bob
badbob76087's Tacoma Gallery
FToy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post
I don't believe so
I have a frame, axles, etc so believe I do. Roberts will be left as is, but may get duals.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #43
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob76087 View Post
I have a frame, axles, etc so believe I do. Roberts will be left as is, but may get duals.
I didn't realize you had all that "spare". Also it looks like you two are going to kill me trying to play catch up. I'm going to have to make my upgrade choices very closely so as to not get left behind on the trails now.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #44
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
SAS or GTFO zech
Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
SAS or GTFO zech
4x4 or suck my balls Adam
Old 07-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #46
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #47

You started it.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #48
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Texas Trail Rig Build BS Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341622255.359516.jpgTexas Trail Rig Build BS Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341622276.113726.jpgTexas Trail Rig Build BS Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341622312.528857.jpgTexas Trail Rig Build BS Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341622333.975722.jpg

Got bored. Pics arent cool but felt like puttin em up anyway lol
Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #49

Nice looking rig. What size tires are those?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #50
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

37's.. Lol jk they're 33's
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #51
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Attachment 158861Attachment 158862Attachment 158863Attachment 158864

Got bored. Pics arent cool but felt like puttin em up anyway lol
i doubt you care but a suggestion for that bumper you made and are trying to sell, give the sides some cross bracing. like another pipe from under the head light going to the bumper
Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #52
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
i doubt you care but a suggestion for that bumper you made and are trying to sell, give the sides some cross bracing. like another pipe from under the head light going to the bumper
Already done lol
the bumper is a work in progress lol gota lay some nice paint and clear coat on it sometime this weekend.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #53
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna put any sheet metal there?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #54
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Gonna put any sheet metal there?
Thats actually on it right now lol but im thinking about taking the sheetmetal out.. It wasnt cut perfect and is there just for a mock up but i like it better open.. but maybe thats just me
Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #55
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
I bet some fog light cut outs on there would be a ice addition
Old 07-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #56
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
I bet some fog light cut outs on there would be a ice addition
Also addressed lol a fellow member PS'd this up for me.. I still dont like em tho lol im taking the sheet metal back out on sunday

Old 07-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #57
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Your just one step ahead of me arnt you
Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #58
DerpWerx Fab

Lol just tryna to find what looks best. I think The sides being covered with sheet metal would've looked best if the entire front skid was one whole sheet of metal, instead of one skid and 1 sheet over each hole but idk. I just like it open anyway! Next one I make the skid is gona be aluminum and bolt on and gona used boxed tubing on the main supports. But hey thats the fun of working with a prototype right? Lol
Old 07-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #59

If you are going to really use that bumper for off roading then I would leave that piece of sheet metal in there. There is a real good reason for skid/launch plates.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #60
DerpWerx Fab

Ah well. I don't have an MT/LT setup yet so I won't be using it for any launching...yet... So il take that risk lol