1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

san antonio real estate questions

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Ken Dawg, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Nov 3, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    Ken Dawg

Ken Dawg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    EAST COAST
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD Sport LB
    Tranny rebuilt 12/2016 at 142,500 Pioneer deh-p400ub head unit Alpine spr-69c fronts Alpine 17c rears. Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp JL sub behind seat Upper console solder fix Recall: Rear leaf's 12/2016 To Do List: JVC KW-V820BT with Backup cam Zelwig Helper Spring Clazzio Dark Gray seat covers /heat Viper alarm w/ Starter Then drive to 250,000 miles!
    seeing how the ********* guy and the moderator who stuck up for him in a previous thread are both from san antonio I was wondering if they could tell me how the foreclosure market is doing there along with NOD's etc.

we are suffering here in calif. and maybe I should relocate? It is important that we all stick together in this economy isnt it?
    thanks in advance

2. Nov 3, 2008 at 2:09 PM
    Ken Dawg

Member:
    EAST COAST
    Vehicle:
    Tranny rebuilt 12/2016 at 142,500 Pioneer deh-p400ub head unit Alpine spr-69c fronts Alpine 17c rears. Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp JL sub behind seat Upper console solder fix Recall: Rear leaf's 12/2016 To Do List: JVC KW-V820BT with Backup cam Zelwig Helper Spring Clazzio Dark Gray seat covers /heat Viper alarm w/ Starter Then drive to 250,000 miles!
  3. Nov 5, 2008 at 4:42 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Let's get something straight - I am not sticking up for anybody.

I had not met robsatx until 2 weeks ago when he asked me to take some pictures of an install for him. I have been talking with Mr Marv for 2 years on this forum and I trust his advice.

I am not taking anyone's side. I just don't want to see someone's thread about "which speaker to go with" turn into an all out bitch fest about whose products are better. It will be a never ending battle.

My primary concern on this forum is the welfare or our members and the integrity of our community. If you have questions about where I stand on your issues, give Mr Marv a phone call and talk to him about it. Stop bashing people when you don't know the whole story.

Here is Marv's number from my speed dial list on my BlackBerry - (831)383-0308. Seriously, give him a call and pack your issues with me up at that point.

on your original question: Our economy in San Antonio is one of the least affected in the nation at the moment. Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to last long. In my opinion, this recession is going to hit everybody in one way or another. Our food prices have already begun to rise here. However, the housing market seems pretty steady - even with lending going on a down slope.

4. Nov 5, 2008 at 5:39 AM
    Ken Dawg

Member:
    EAST COAST
    Vehicle:
    on your original question: Our economy in San Antonio is one of the least affected in the nation at the moment. Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to last long. In my opinion, this recession is going to hit everybody in one way or another. Our food prices have already begun to rise here. However, the housing market seems pretty steady - even with lending going on a down slope.[/quote]

wow, market sucks here

5. Nov 5, 2008 at 6:34 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Yeah, but California is usually the first to feel anything. There is so much growth, money, and strong business there. My observation is that if California starts to feel a major change - the rest of the country is sure to follow.

6. Nov 5, 2008 at 11:35 AM
    Anthony

Anthony San Antonio Detailer :)

Member:
    Houston - Spring/Tomball area
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner access cab 2.7L M5
    Nfabs Afe Pro Dry UWS linex'd toolbox
    great time to buy here in sa... sell, not so much.

7. Jan 4, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    San Antonio has a great real estate market in comparison to the vast majority of the country right now. It is one of the top markets for large metropolitan areas at current time. The job market has also been effected much less than many other areas in the economic down turn. There are a large amount of government, and research jobs available in the area, along with many more in other fields. It is definitely something worth considering if you are in the position to move and would like to relocate to the area.

On the other hand I would keep in mind that the recession is not over, and more then likely only about half way through its down cycle. More then likely this year we will also see ANOTHER group of mass foreclosures that will probably equal somewhere around 1/2 to 3/4 of the total foreclosures we have already seen in the past year. This is primarily due to an extended period of reset for ARM loans that were issued to sub-prime customers in the mid-07' to late-08' period. So if anything, prepare for the housing market to stay on a down turn and get much worse before it gets better.

I hope this dosent play true, but seems inevitable if the state of ecomony does not change drasticly for the better.

Products Discussed in

To Top