Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Relocating to Houston

Old 10-09-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
Malcolm3.4 is on a distinguished road

Malcolm3.4's Tacoma Gallery
Relocating to Houston

I am planning on relocating to Houston for a year or two at the end of the month. The construction project I am going to be working on is in uptown by the Galleria. Can anyone recommend any decent, cheap places to live around there. I have been told to not look in southern Houston. Is it really that bad?
Old 10-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm3.4 View Post
I am planning on relocating to Houston for a year or two at the end of the month. The construction project I am going to be working on is in uptown by the Galleria. Can anyone recommend any decent, cheap places to live around there. I have been told to not look in southern Houston. Is it really that bad?
Depends what area of southern Houston you mean? Also depends on what your definition of cheap is. Galleria places are not cheap, and most nice places inside 610 are not cheap.

Im not familiar with Hanover PA, but looking on the map, Houston will be quite the change of scenery for you.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Katy Texas just west of town. Don't really matters since traffic is bad everywhere. Which project are you talking about the Galeria. I know there are a few high rises planning to go up.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
Malcolm3.4 is on a distinguished road

Malcolm3.4's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to be working for WPM about three blocks Northwest of the Galleria. 22 story apartment building. I got a couple good leads on roommates.com that I am prolly going to check out. I daily commute from pa. to dc. metro area everyday, I am kinda used to bad traffic.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
WPM = Walter P Moore?
Old 10-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Well you will just miss our hot weather we just had. And you should like our mild winters.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #7
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmm. dont know bout north houston much but i know southeast houston well lol
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap rent = some of Katy, east Houston (east of bw8) around I-10, Pasadena tx, Baytown tx, southeast Houston. All (arguably) are relatively cheap.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty keen to pearland. West pearland along 288 is a good location.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #10
Hacksaw engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
I'm pretty keen to pearland. West pearland along 288 is a good location.
I was just over there today pouring a slab in Southern Trails. I didn't realize the nice houses over there. Just not for me.