Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

San Antonio LED Gauge Swap

Old 10-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
San Antonio LED Gauge Swap

Thanks to everyone it was fun. I just don't have the time to do this mod anymore.

Thanks guys
Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Removed.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks clean and would like mine done. However I would also want my radio, AC controls and 4x4 switch done and don't have the time to travel down south for this.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It's a great project to do. Had Jerez help me with mine. Makes them look way. Better and much brighter. I would tell everyone to get this done.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
I only wish you had posted this, say a couple of months ago while i was still in SA for 3 months...
if your ever back this way I'll help ya out. Or if I make it back home I'll hit ya up.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I think it looks clean and would like mine done. However I would also want my radio, AC controls and 4x4 switch done and don't have the time to travel down south for this.
True, I have an aftermarket radio that can glow any color so I set it to blue. A/C controls I changed to blue, clock I did also. I also did lil extra and did some pilot lighting.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
if your ever back this way I'll help ya out. Or if I make it back home I'll hit ya up.
I'll be in North Cali in a couple weeks, moving there to Travis, if that is home for you...?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
Nebraska is but been down here in Texas for long time.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

All you need to do to take the orange paint off is some nail polish remover.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #14

It is pretty simple. I did mine with a White background with blue needles, all you need is acrylic paint. But this threat is from blackshirts, not trying to thread jack.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:40 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmxman185 View Post
Sounds easy. Do you even need to paint them white? Or does clear give the white effect?
I've seen some not paint them and it looks okay, but I think with the white paint it would look better. And it's easy to do.

Don't worry about it Casey your just helpin out.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #16
Bump
Old 10-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
Keepin' it dirty in Texas
alexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alexmxman185's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
I've seen some not paint them and it looks okay, but I think with the white paint it would look better. And it's easy to do.

Don't worry about it Casey your just helpin out.
Ill give you a shout around thanks giving time. Sound good?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #18
Son of Most High
esizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esizzle777's Tacoma Gallery
I really recommend blackshirts' work. He did a excellent job on my dash and he is a terrific person. He did not take long at all to do the work and left everything looking very clean. He's very friendly and knows what he's doing. The needles are ridiculously easy to paint as all you need is nail polish remover, acrylic white paint, and a fine paint brush. The materials cost me $3 in total to paint needles and it looks way better than that orange caca. I'll post some more pics of my interior so you guys can see what it looks like, as I have my radio blue and white as well.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmxman185 View Post
Ill give you a shout around thanks giving time. Sound good?
yeah that sounds good. Just let me know what your looking for.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by esizzle777 View Post
I really recommend blackshirts' work. He did a excellent job on my dash and he is a terrific person. He did not take long at all to do the work and left everything looking very clean. He's very friendly and knows what he's doing. The needles are ridiculously easy to paint as all you need is nail polish remover, acrylic white paint, and a fine paint brush. The materials cost me $3 in total to paint needles and it looks way better than that orange caca. I'll post some more pics of my interior so you guys can see what it looks like, as I have my radio blue and white as well.
Thanks bud. You going to get your 5100 set right or you going to leave them stock.