1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just made an install guide for camburg UCA on a 6" lifted taco tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Texas' started by 03TRDtacotrucker, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Nov 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM
    03TRDtacotrucker

03TRDtacotrucker [OP] No Road. No Problem.

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    03 SC double cab TRD SR5 4X4
    TRD supercharger, URD 7th injector, Map 3 ECU, 2.2 URD pulley, Doug Thorley headers, Bear River tru performance hi flow cat, 18" Magnaflow muffler, 6" fabtech lift, 33" Goodyear wrangler tires, the old all pro tube rear bumper, ARB front bumper with smitty built 8k winch, pro comp krawlers 87 series wheels, roof rack, 60" hi-lift jack, K&N intake, grey wire mod, front and rear diff breather mod, G2-performance 4.56 gears w/ royal purple oil, red top optima battery, PreRunner Tiregate with full size spare, Radflo front coilovers, Custom home made front skid plate, rear bilstein 5150 series shocks, Elite sliders w/o kick, Camburg UCA, mech grill with old school TOYOTA logo, ash tray removal Cobra CB radio w/ Firestik - List as of 1-17-18
    Doing this on a MAC without a paint program so sorry if its hard to fallow, did my best to be as descriptive as I could instead.
    [​IMG]
    before install
    [​IMG]
    Jack the truck up and remove both front tires
    [​IMG]
    remove pin from UCA ball joint bolt and then remove the bolt (use some PB blaster if necessary to help loosen the bolt) then using a hammer hit the bottom of the UCA next to the ball joint up to free the BJ from the UCA.
    [​IMG]
    Next remove the BJ boot clamp and then the snap ring (you can remove the snap ring with a pair of pliers and a flat head screw driver, but helps to use a snap ring removing tool even with mine being too small) Next since you are replacing the BJ anyways just spray the base of the BJ with some PB blaster and knock it down through the spindle using a small sledge or hammer.
    [​IMG]
    Now using a C-clamp style press that I rented from O'reillys press the new lower part of the uniball into the spindle and then install the new snap ring (make sure to use a generous amount of anti-seize on this part or else you will have trouble getting it into place since the size of the fabtech spindle makes the press difficult to use here) you will most likely have to back off and press it a couple times before it will seat in place enough for the snap ring to clear (took me about 3 times each side)
    [​IMG]
    on the drivers side under the battery tray you will have to remove a wiring harness clamp and the air bag sensor using a 10mm socket and then slide the coolant tank out in order for the UCA bolt to be taken out. using a 19mm socket remove the bottom UCA bolt and slide the bolt all the way out. (on the passenger side you will have to bend part of your fender well out using some channel locks and then remove another air bag sensor (10mm) and also move an A/C line over out of the way for the bolt to clear.
    [​IMG]
    next install the bushing into the new UCA and make sure to grease before installing. I found it easier to go ahead and install the UCA to the spindle not tightening the bolt down yet to help keep it in place while inserting the long bolt back through the new UCA (another hand will help with this part too) but this also makes it easier if your installing these by yourself.
    [​IMG]
    next tighten the long bolt back down and go ahead and tighten the uniball bolt down as well make sure to get these both good and tight since it is what's keeping your tire in place (85ft/lb). Make sure to re-install your air bag sensors and harness. Spray some lubricant on the uniball when finished to keep it from squeaking, I used silicone lube.
    [​IMG]
    Next re-install your tires and head to the nearest alignment shop, which is a must do after this. After that enjoy your new awesome UCA, which not only look great, but work great too ....Wish I had more pictures or a paint program could have made this easier to fallow, but did my best with what I had. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and ill do my best to answer them, And no I did not gain any lift installing these, but did get better wheel travel and a smoother ride.

2. Nov 10, 2011 at 9:35 PM

52419 Well-Known Member

Member:
    someplace
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma lifted 6in on 35s
    fabtech 6in lift, 35.12.50.16s,on mt classics
    im thinkin you should have gotten tires along with those ucas oh and whilewere here could you tell me what you got for shocks up front ive been looking for shocks for awhile now! a part number or something

3. Nov 14, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    Country

Country Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl.-Everyone says it looks like a tank
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.
    I got Icons for the front on my 2010 Tacoma. I am running a pro comp 6in lift and they make my truck ride alot smoother, I am also running All Pro's 1.25in UCA's

4. Nov 15, 2011 at 2:50 PM
    03TRDtacotrucker

03TRDtacotrucker [OP] No Road. No Problem.

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    03 SC double cab TRD SR5 4X4
    TRD supercharger, URD 7th injector, Map 3 ECU, 2.2 URD pulley, Doug Thorley headers, Bear River tru performance hi flow cat, 18" Magnaflow muffler, 6" fabtech lift, 33" Goodyear wrangler tires, the old all pro tube rear bumper, ARB front bumper with smitty built 8k winch, pro comp krawlers 87 series wheels, roof rack, 60" hi-lift jack, K&N intake, grey wire mod, front and rear diff breather mod, G2-performance 4.56 gears w/ royal purple oil, red top optima battery, PreRunner Tiregate with full size spare, Radflo front coilovers, Custom home made front skid plate, rear bilstein 5150 series shocks, Elite sliders w/o kick, Camburg UCA, mech grill with old school TOYOTA logo, ash tray removal Cobra CB radio w/ Firestik - List as of 1-17-18
    Just bought BFG KM2's :) so tire problem is fixed. the front coilovers are radflo, their pretty good I like them so far and they make the ride a lot smoother for sure. Their also the cheapest ones i could find that fit the 6" fabtech lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top