1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me Texas deer hunters!!!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by whitetail, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Nov 29, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    whitetail

whitetail [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Geneva IL
    Vehicle:
    red doublecab prerunner
    Hey guys I will be moving to San Antiono in the spring and I'm getting alittle nervous heres my issue..... I am a deer hunting fanatic and I am getting a bit put off the texas DNR website abouthow your season works down there. In Illinois are archery deer season runs from october first through the begining of january with a few periods of firearm seasons mixed in. I just by antlerless and either sex archery tags and go to the farm every weekend. If anybody can give me a rundown on how it works there would be most apreciated as well as public lands. Thanks!!!!:D

2. Nov 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:
    Each hunter has a buck/doe limit per season. The county you are hunting in will also influence what you are and are not allowed to take.

3. Nov 29, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    Bow season Starts the first Saturday in October and runs all the way to the first Sunday of January. You can start using a rifle the first saturday of November all the way till the end. Some counties have an extended doe and spike season for 1 week in January.

The most deer you can take is 5. Each county is different with the combination so the license handbook is great as well as the TPWD website.
    There is some public hunting opportunities available. Also be sure to put in for the draw hunts that take place at various state parks and WMA. It's $3-$6 to enter and can offer some hunts if you are drawn.

Products Discussed in

To Top