Notices

I NEED FAMILY LAW HELP IN EAST TX

Old 12-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
gottahot1 has a spectacular aura aboutgottahot1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: T.D.
gottahot1's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation I NEED FAMILY LAW HELP IN EAST TX

Hey TW family,

I am in need of family law assistance in east Texas - Gregg/Upshur county.

Are you a lawyer? Do you specialize in family law? If you don't specialize, are you good enough at it to help me?

Have you used a good attorney in east Texas that you recommend?

Have you had bad experiences that you want to share to help me avoid someone who is a waste of time/money?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Anyone?
Old 12-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
ttt

No recommendations from anyone?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure if you tell a story or ask a question people will give you their input. You probably don't want your business on the web which is understandable but you'll probably never meet any of these people.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
I was a bit vague on purpose - I hope it isn't working to my disadvantage.

What I really want is a lawyer to respond or someone to respond with their experiences (good or bad) with using a particular lawyer. I'm sure there are a lot of interesting stories out there but I can't afford to have a lot of armchair quarterbacking going on - I need solid, reliable advice.

If it helps people become interested and will get them to throw out some recommendations, I got divorced about 13 years ago. My ex remarried and her husband got some sort of settlement. I was going through some financial struggles so she agreed to reduce the child support amount.

Over time, especially after she got divorced again, the amount has been increased back to what the court ordered. Now my ex is threatening to sue me for back child support.

Yes, I was stupid for not getting anything in writing. What I need is sound legal advice, not "you should have" or anything like that.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I can't help with any experience on lawyers. However lawyers in your county should be set up with a referal service by what they specialize in. My friend is set up here in Tarrant so I would start there.
Texas is a mother friendly state so there is no telling how your situation will end.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
About the best help I can offer is a shovel and lye.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Texas is a mother friendly state so there is no telling how your situation will end.
True dat.

I know there are a lot of dead beat dads out there so I understand the tendency to side with the mother. That has kept me from filing suit against her in the past.

Thanks, I will look into listings by specialty.