Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Pricing Info

Old 12-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
druber is on a distinguished road
druber's Tacoma Gallery
Pricing Info

Last year, I bought a Tacoma AC. I realized I made a mistake. I really should have gotten the Double Cab considering I want to be able to stick the kiddos in the back to do some cross country camping trips. I'm likely to either trade it in or sell it outright.

Anyway, the real question I have is: Does the addition of the Bilstein 5100 shocks, AAL, rims, oversize tires, tinted tail lights, & BHLM increase or decrease the value?

What would you price this at if I sold it via craigslist/autotrader?

2011 Toyota Tacoma
4x2, Access Cab, SR5
Silver Streak Mica
Pro Comp 7105 17" rims
General Grabber 265/70/17
Bilstein 5100 + 2" Toytec AAL
Tinted tail lights
BLHM
Perfect condition
9000 miles

Pics (before I did the BHLM):

Old 12-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
Steel Curtain!!
beerye is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
beerye's Tacoma Gallery
Its really hard to say what you could sell it for. I would do a little research and see what they are going for in your area. Every market is different, and what it is worth here, in Tucson, maybe quite a bit different than what it is there.
As far as being worth more or less, it really depends on the buyer. A vehicle is only worth, what someone is willing to pay for it. Most of the "mods" that you have done are tasteful and simple. If you were trading the vehicle into a dealer, they would really only give you a few extra hundred for the wheel upgrade, but everything else wouldn't help the value. If you are going to sell it on craigs or autotrader, its just a matter of finding a buyer that is looking to do the upgrades that you have already done. Im sure it won't be hard to do, because its a nice looking truck.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Well what do you still owe on it? If you traded it in would you be upside down?

It would be hard to sell it out right or get someone to cover the payment. But there are people out there.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerye View Post
Its really hard to say what you could sell it for. I would do a little research and see what they are going for in your area. Every market is different, and what it is worth here, in Tucson, maybe quite a bit different than what it is there.
As far as being worth more or less, it really depends on the buyer. A vehicle is only worth, what someone is willing to pay for it. Most of the "mods" that you have done are tasteful and simple. If you were trading the vehicle into a dealer, they would really only give you a few extra hundred for the wheel upgrade, but everything else wouldn't help the value. If you are going to sell it on craigs or autotrader, its just a matter of finding a buyer that is looking to do the upgrades that you have already done. Im sure it won't be hard to do, because its a nice looking truck.

^ that

Do you still have stock wheels and shocks? If you do you can always put them back on your AC and put your 5100's and aftermarket wheels on your new DC. Thats what I would do.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
druber is on a distinguished road
druber's Tacoma Gallery
I am not upside down on the loan.

I do have the original shocks, but not the original wheels/tires. If I did, I would probably restore to original and sell the Bilstein's and wheels/tires separately.

This time around, I'll get a TRD. I actually like the look of the stock TRD wheels/tires better than mine anyway so I wouldn't put them on.

I have the value from edmunds.com for the stock truck ($23,169). I guess I'll probably add $1k for the upgrades and let somebody talk me down from there. Maybe I'll get lucky though and somebody will be ok with the asking price.

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Ill trade you some 17" fj wheels and stock tailights and oem smoked headlights off my '11 If you want to go back to stock... I want your tires!!!

But seriously if you trade it in make it back to stock because it will not get you anymore money but if you sell out right then try to leave and see what happens...