Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

3rd South Padre Island, TX Meet 07/21/2012

Old 01-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
3rd South Padre Island, TX Meet 07/21/2012

Hey tacomaworldlings, I figured I would make this thread early in the year to see if it catches more interest. The date is set for July 21st, 2012, lands on a Saturday. So mark the date on you calendar!

Just like the last two years, we will meet in the Wal Mart parking lot in Port Isabel. The time to be there is between 1 and 2 pm, we'll roll out of the parking lot at 2 pm, and head over to SPI in a "tacoma convoy".

Bring out some fire wood, bring teh grills, BYOB, and prepare to spend the day chillin at the beach! We'll have some burgers on the beach, we'll make a fire to sit around at night and shoot the shit.

Last year we were more organized that our first meet, and man did we turn some heads driving around, the cruise down the beach looking for enough space for the 6 of us was totally worth it! We turned so many heads, it's not every day you see a bunch of fixed up tacomas driving down SPI , people taking pics of us driving down the beach. AWESOME!!

So who is game?

I don't have a grill or canopy but I can bring a cooler full of cokes, plates, and paper towels...

oh and some matches too for the firewood!

Be at the Academy parking lot at 1604 and Potranco:

714 W. Loop 1604 N
San Antonio, TX 78251

at 7am on the 21st (Saturday). We'll roll out no later than 7:30, and plan on arriving in the Corpus area between 9:00-10:00 am.

If anybody from the Corpus area wants to meet up with us and drive down, we can all meet up at the Robstown Chamber of Commerce. here is the address:

1024 Texas Yes Blvd, Robstown, TX

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bi...ed=0CF4QrwswAw

We'll wait half an hour (if the SA drivers aren't too antsy to hit the road ) and take off no later than 10:30 am.

We should arrive in Harlingen between 12:30-1:30 pm

If people from the Harlingen/Mcallen area want to meet up with us to drive together to SPI, we can meet up at the Harlingen Travel Center, here is the address:

Tex Best Travel Center Inc
1921 West Tyler Avenue, Harlingen, TX
(956) 428-7169

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

again, we can wait for half an hour. After that we can drive together down to SPI!!!

For any late stragglers, or people already at the Island, we'll stop at the Wal mart parking lot in Port Isabel. We should be there no later than 2pm!!! Wait for 15-30 minutes, and drive on over all together to SPI!!!

Yea, it seems like a lot of time will pass by waiting for others. But it'll be worth it.

Like I said before it takes roughly 4 hours to get from SA to Harlingen TX, and that's with one 5 minute stop. With the stoping and waiting it'll take more time.

Going

Me :cooler with cokes, burger patties, cheese, condiments
tc98tacoma
oliverlove
BERTHDZ
EATABULLET
TXprotrd
animal93
anthonyj326
RDtacoma
MrGuitarGuy
1badasstaco
Mason04
tacodriver
daquinter
txtuffluck
Muy Grande
rrh 2
Hudson
Battle Pope : cups, eating utensils, napkins, garbage bags and half a dozen big bags of chips w/ assortment of dip.
sooner07
Svach11
Blackbeast
TacoRun
live4perfection
netman1969
tmreyes1
SMKYTXN

Maybe

EquinsuOcha
Texas Island Boy
Thieu
Nightwar
XB81
lino
trailmix
Dagobah
Rollie14
MaTaeYo (I hope you can make it Matt!!! won't be the same if ya don't! No homo!!!) haha
Adumb7
xpocad
kolunatic
Death Stalker
triumphx
Breezy Taco
kirkofwimbo
triumphx
Hgkilla
xpocad
Derpy Derek
Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
IM GAME , im definitely going this year bro
Old 01-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
oliverlove will become famous soon enough

Name: Oliver
oliverlove's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in! I live on the SPI golf course... Should be able to make the 8min drive over the bridge...

Pumped for this!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Maaaybe... July is awfully hot for my fat ass. I guess ill just have to buy more beer to counteract the heat.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Might be moving back to Edinburg by the Summer so if I'm in town.....I've got everything......BBQ pit/canopy/etc. I would definitely be in on this.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #6
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

Name: Bert
BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in!

I'm in again! I had fun last year wouldn't miss this year's!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
oliverlove will become famous soon enough

Name: Oliver
oliverlove's Tacoma Gallery
I have canopies as well. We can create a little tent city out on the beach!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
I might be down there already my parents run a huge condo project in port isabel so I may head down to fish. `
Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #11
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
I might be down there already my parents run a huge condo project in port isabel so I may head down to fish. `
I've met people who have lived in projects, but to know the owners of one is outstanding. If you come you gotta bring some of that government cheese I've heard so much about!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
I've met people who have lived in projects, but to know the owners of one is outstanding. If you come you gotta bring some of that government cheese I've heard so much about!
hahaah there is 28 units... at a low cost of 250,000$ to 450,000$ take your pick
Old 01-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
hahaah there is 28 units... at a low cost of 250,000$ to 450,000$ take your pick
I'll take one of the $450k units. But I can't pay with money. Would you take a homely jig in exchange?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
Thieu is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Thieu's Tacoma Gallery
I might be interested. If I may ask, why South Padre and not regular Padre (Mustang Island)? Maybe I'm confused and that's what you mean.

Let me know!

Edit: Sig is actually on Mustang Island beach last summer!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #15
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

Name: Bert
BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
Nope definetly South Padre on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thieu View Post
I might be interested. If I may ask, why South Padre and not regular Padre (Mustang Island)? Maybe I'm confused and that's what you mean.

Let me know!

Edit: Sig is actually on Mustang Island beach last summer!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yes SPI us valley folk need something to look forward to ya know! :P it can get kinda boring in the valley (where there are NO mountains)
Old 01-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
but yet its pretty boring here in SA ! Im been putting money in the piggy bank for this trip.. haha its gonna be tight
Old 01-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
MarioAB
TXprotrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Mario
TXprotrd's Tacoma Gallery
IM IN FOR SURE.....
Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
MarioAB
TXprotrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Mario
TXprotrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
yes SPI us valley folk need something to look forward to ya know! :P it can get kinda boring in the valley (where there are NO mountains)
Can I see some pics of the rod holder you have..??
Old 01-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #20
ah I'm on my phone right now, and it's all I'll have until monday. :/ there are some pics in my profile though.

6 more months guys!