Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

North DFW meetup (wrench)

View Poll Results: Which weekend works for you (pick all that apply)
Feb 4th 6 40.00%
Feb 11th 9 60.00%
Feb 18th 10 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CrackerJackMack's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJackMack
North DFW meetup (wrench)

Here are the weekends I'll be available to host the event. Before voting, please see below if any of your favorite buddies won't be able to make it and vote accordingly Also, if you are attending list the mods you want to do to your vehicle so we can help out/bring additional tools.

Available weekends
  • Feb 4th
  • Feb 11th
  • Feb 18th No earlier than 8 a.m.

Why: I've got a medium sized concrete pad, new to the area, and really want to meet you guys
Type: Wrench'n! Bring tools/mods/parts.
Food: We'll see based on the number of people who sign up, I got a grill

There is a Toyota of Rockwall just down the road if we need bolts or other small parts. Plus a NAPA and autozone all around.

alignement shop #1: http://g.co/maps/p35fs
alignement shop #2: http://g.co/maps/rt27c

http://www.firestonecompleteautocare...detail/320368/ $85.19 (that's with tax) for an alignment. They also have a road force balancer too if you needed to rebalance your wheels (I always put that off too, it's ok, everyone does it...).

Attendies
  1. CrackerJackMack (aka The Butcher) - Kevin
  2. achirdo - Adam
  3. cohrmundt - Cullen
  4. Derpy Derek - Derp
  5. KPT- Keith
  6. xJuice - Josh
  7. bassfan
  8. jsmarine
  9. PlanoTaco - Reed
  10. ItalynStylion
  11. Your name here !

Those guys who couldn't sack up (the maybes)
  • DTacoms
  • tx_shooter - Zech
  • Taco76087
  • 300rem7

Modification List
  • Upper control arms (needs sawsall Thanks KPT)
  • Satoshi Grill (just the start)
  • CB radio install
  • Bumper shimming (need to fab/find something for this)
  • exhaust welding (stainless steel, We need a SMAW welder unless someone is bringing a tank of O2 and Argon )
  • Bump stops
  • Extended brake lines (need bleeder)
  • Bilstiens and springs (who's getting the spring compressor?)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a preferred weekend. I'll be a gametime decision based on whether I have to be on call for work. I can bring an air compressor and air tools and food.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Can you shoot on it? I know a couple of members have been wanting to meet up at the gun range for a day
No, I am within the city limits and it's only 1 acre. However, there is a gun range right up the road that just opened. http://www.armadilloguns.com/ I haven't been there so can't speak to it, but it's like 3 minutes from the house.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And I'm down to help with any mods. I'm pretty familiar withe the suspension
x2 and I am comfortable using a spring compressor if anyone needs that stuff jacked with.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keith you should help me do a satoshi

And I might be picking up a small 80amp welder, if anyone needs some small projects done
I can help you with the satoshi, no problem. I have leftover bondo and fiberglass still actually. It takes more than a day though, but we can at least get started.

If anyone has a welder I have been meaning to have my magnaflow welded so I can get rid of the clamps. It's stainless steel I'm not if that makes a difference, I know nothing about welding.

I also have an ultragauge if anyone needs to check or clear codes.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
First class awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo
And I might be picking up a small 80amp welder, if anyone needs some small projects done
I can weld if some brings one. I'd hold off buying one for now though
Old 01-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Welding stainless is a little different. I am not sure what it takes to weld stainless.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Interested.... 4th, we'll be in Houston, 11th and 18th may work. I'll have to see if there's anything on the wife's calendar when I get home.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
First class awesome

Hah, forgot to put what I wanted to do! We don't have to focus on just my stuff, so it's whatever we have time for. I figured we could sort it out when everyone gets here.
  • Upper A-arms (light racing)
  • CB radio
  • Shim my front bumper *

* My allpro wings curve up too much so I can't run my fenders. If I shim the bumper then I can put flares back on or try and put the after markets back on.

I need a sawsall if we do the uppers. I bought replacement bolts.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
First class awesome

Updated with new attendies and modifications. Hope I got everything right so far
Old 01-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Add potential exhaust welding to the mod list
We have the tools needed and someone who can do that here?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
First class awesome

How did I miss that? Oh well, fixed !
Old 01-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
We have the tools needed and someone who can do that here?
Hopefully we will....

And Derek's in, add him to the list
Old 01-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #20
coupe85k is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: 2nd Class Electricians Mate
Name: Kyle
coupe85k's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to coupe85k
Ill be deployed til after mar