Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Need Help!!!!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
ToyotaHondaOwner is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
ToyotaHondaOwner's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help!!!!

I bought a toolbox for my Taco and it is a crossbox. Problem is that I dont have the keys for the locks themselves. They are the push pin assembly type locks. I ordered some replacement locks from Mr. Lock thinking wow that was just way too easy! Well it was! The two lock assemblies on the box currently do not match. One I can replace the lock but the striker doesnt match up and the other assembly is sealed so it looks like I need to replace the whole assembly. I found the name of the box to be Contico and on the other side of the lock it says TUFFBOX. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement generic push lock assembly??? I will post a picture for you to visualize . . . please help as this is getting rather frustrating.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help!!!!-wp_000152.jpg   Need Help!!!!-wp_000153.jpg  
Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 AM   #2
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you buy the box at? I would check with the vendor/store and see if they have replacement parts before you start trying a rigged solution.