Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Fishing help for a dirty old hooker.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
whitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
whitetail's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing help for a dirty old hooker.

I currently live up in northern Illinois but by late spring will be moved to San Antonio and I am pretty worried. I am a huge fisherman I go almost every day of open water and Ill chase anything that swims. In Illinois we have a good amount of creeks and rivers not so many lakes, but what we do have have is a million residential ponds filled with carp, bass, crappies, and bluegills so my question is what is the availability for local freshwater fish opportunitys??????!! so give me a hand fellow tacoma owners and fisherman.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Well we do have some lakes close by. And the ocean is only couple hours away.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

Name: Bert
BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
come on down south to the Rio Grande Valley. Check out my page on my banner. I'd be willing to schedule a Taco owner's fishing trip!

http://www.primoscabin.com
Old 01-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

Name: Bert
BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
and don't worry SA has a few lakes that are stocked with monster Red Fish along with cats and bass. My cousin lives up there and goes frequently with his jon boat. Plenty of tiliapia and chad/shinner in the lakes you can throw a cast net for to use as bait
Old 01-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERTHDZ View Post
and don't worry SA has a few lakes that are stocked with monster Red Fish along with cats and bass. My cousin lives up there and goes frequently with his jon boat. Plenty of tiliapia and chad/shinner in the lakes you can throw a cast net for to use as bait
This^^!! SA has both Lake Calaveras and Lake Braunig which are both powerplant lakes. Seen guys catching 30"+ red fish out at Calaveras before
Old 02-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
whitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
whitetail's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the comments guys I like doing alot of small pond and like fishing with the fly rod carp and bass are my favorite but since I cant chase pike and musky anymore I want to go after some gar too.