Notices

Bridgeport OHV meet april 2012

View Poll Results: what day?
April 14 1 25.00%
April 21 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #221
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsbrain03 View Post
The rigs not going.
That sucks. What issues is it having?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #223
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
I have spent prolly 20 hours trying to get the motor and transmission lined up. I know, sounds silly. Today, I wasn't doing anything different, and it finally slipped in! So now i'll get everything Hooked up, and get it running tomorrow night.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #224
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsbrain03 View Post
I have spent prolly 20 hours trying to get the motor and transmission lined up. I know, sounds silly. Today, I wasn't doing anything different, and it finally slipped in! So now i'll get everything Hooked up, and get it running tomorrow night.
Been there; done that. I spent a couple hours trying to get my transmission to remount into the motor and all of a sudden it did. Sorry to hear it man. Let me know when you are ready to give it a shake down run. I can do Tolar pretty easy; Bridgeport takes a week or two to do for me.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #225
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
My shake down run will be Jambo this weekend coming up. I'm leaving town Friday afternoon.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:56 AM   #226

Good luck with that.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #227
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CrackerJackMack's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJackMack
Man that looked like a blast

So instead of Wheeling I switched out to full synthetic, cleaned my aFe filter, went to a funeral, installed new wipers, and installing my steel brake lines; not in that order.

Btw Zech, from the videos your 4runner looks completely uncomfortable to ride in
Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #229
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackMack View Post
cleaned my aFe filter
How did you clean it? You get some of that cleaner for it? Assuming it's the pro dry s
Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #231
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
How did you clean it? You get some of that cleaner for it? Assuming it's the pro dry s
I had an old K&N recharge kit, just used that. It's easy, just have to do it when you know your vehicle will be down for a while. So I usually do it on a weekend when I'm not going out and when I'm already got the truck out. Don't want to clean it more than once a year, or 50K miles.
  1. Spray on pre-clean, wait 10-20m.
  2. Rinse thoroughly
  3. wait about 12h for it to dry
  4. Spray on oil
  5. Re-install
Old 04-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #232
First class awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Kevin do you notice a difference in the brakes with those SS brake lines?
Dunno, installing them today after I trim a bit off the nuts. I thought about dremeling out the brackets but then stock ones won't fit. According to the GB thread, you only have to take about 0.1" of an inch off. They almost fit but not enough to get the retaining clips on. I'll let you know how it goes again today.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #233
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like y'all had fun out there! Sucks I didn't know about this one in advance and already had plans.

A few friends and I went out on Sunday and it was PERFECT! It was pouring rain in DFW but Bridgeport was excellent. Just a little tacky for great traction and blue skies. Got some video too. I'll be putting up a few of them here in a bit. Here's the first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bir4Y...1&feature=plcp
Old 04-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #234

It fugures the place was tacky on Sunday. The majority of it was still muddy enough to fill your tires easily. Did you go down into the spiderweb?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #235
First class awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Huge body of water
Didn't you learn your lesson last time?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #237
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
It fugures the place was tacky on Sunday. The majority of it was still muddy enough to fill your tires easily. Did you go down into the spiderweb?
I did the spiderweb last time and it was damn near impossible (we did make it though) just based on the wheel base and turning circle of the truck. I didn't even attempt this time. The trees are just stupid close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackMack View Post
Didn't you learn your lesson last time?
Yes. I watched my buddy do it in his jeep first before I went in.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #238
Sounds Gooooood

Here's a full video of everything we shot that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXUS40-cPqI
Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #239
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Here's a full video of everything we shot that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXUS40-cPqI
Cool water crossing videos!

I wanted to cross the water, but I saw a jeep cherokee attempted yet it backed out. So I thought it was deep. While the rest of the guys were tearing their trucks in the woods, I ended up playing in the puddle for my ride alongs to enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails
Bridgeport OHV meet april 2012-dsc_0933.jpg   Bridgeport OHV meet april 2012-dsc_0913.jpg  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #240

There is a "fun" to playing in the mud. Megan always wants me to hit the puddles.