Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Houston BS Thread

Closed Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #2021
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Well I bought the UCA's from hudhawk and now I'm looking for some coilovers with resi's and gona get a 3" leaf pack and matching shocks with resi's in the rear. And il box the frame in too.
Yeah, I know the UCA's, have you decided what shocks? And you going to shackle flip?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #2022
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
Yeah, I know the UCA's, have you decided what shocks? And you going to shackle flip?
King or icon shocks.
And nah I havnt read up much on the shackle flip. Care to teach?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #2023
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
King or icon shocks.
And nah I havnt read up much on the shackle flip. Care to teach?
I would go with King. I have not personally heard anything bad about them. And Icon are also good but have that weak top plate.

Shackle flip I believe gives you better/longer droop of your leafs. I don't think though that you *need* it but it's something to think about in the future.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #2024
Tortoise*

Here is more for you to read up on the shackle flip

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-what-why.html

Old 07-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #2025
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well I'm buying on a budget so if some king coils show up for sale for a good price then I'll get em. I'm thinking about just buying em new tho so I don't have to worry about getting em revalved or something

Old 07-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #2026
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the shackles give you better flex in the rear and do crazy shit like this

Old 07-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #2027
Tortoise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Those look like huge ass shackles

Unless they jacked up the back of the truck to show the droop

Old 07-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #2028
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Holy fuck that's flexing more than the guys working out in a gym when a girl walks in lol

Old 07-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #2029
Tortoise*

Quote:
Well I'm buying on a budget so if some king coils show up for sale for a good price then I'll get em. I'm thinking about just buying em new tho so I don't have to worry about getting em revalved or something
I know how you feel man. Except my budget is OMEs

There were king shocks on here not to long ago that had just been revalved and were a pretty good deal IIRC. Just gotta look! Best time is round holiday sale times

Old 07-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #2030
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
I know how you feel man. Except my budget is OMEs

There were king shocks on here not to long ago that had just been revalved and were a pretty good deal IIRC. Just gotta look! Best time is round holiday sale times
True but I was gona also buy new cause I could just charge it to the CC lol

Old 07-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #2031
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Those look like huge ass shackles

Unless they jacked up the back of the truck to show the droop
Thats 05tacosport he just jacked his truck up to show the flex makes me super

Old 07-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #2032
DerpWerx Fab

Okay now here me out on this BUT say you were rock climbing and get hung up but you have sliders with a kick plate. So you use the highlift jack on the kick plate but you have shackles and a leaf pack right? When you start jacking the truck up using the sliders to get un-hung up...wouldnt the truck just keep flexing like that and fuck you up? Jw

Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #2033
Tortoise*

Quote:
Thats 05tacosport he just jacked his truck up to show the flex makes me super
I'm super as we'll!

Old 07-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #2034

What are you hung on though? the wheel? slider? axle? to many variables really and normally the pros out weigh the cons.....

More flex= more traction

Old 07-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #2035
Tortoise*

Quote:
Okay now here me out on this BUT say you were rock climbing and get hung up but you have sliders with a kick plate. So you use the highlift jack on the kick plate but you have shackles and a leaf pack right? When you start jacking the truck up using the sliders to get un-hung up...wouldnt the truck just keep flexing like that and fuck you up? Jw
I don't really know to be honest. I would not think so

Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #2036
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
What are you hung on though? the wheel? slider? axle? to many variables really and normally the pros out weigh the cons.....

More flex= more traction
The wheel. Say the wheel fell In between 2 rocks and ur locker isn't working and you can't get traction

Old 07-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #2037

Quote:
The wheel. Say the wheel fell In between 2 rocks and ur locker isn't working and you can't get traction
then i would chain the axle to the frame so it wouldnt flex and jack yourself up and over it, but to add another variable what if you had a winch and just winched yourself out

Old 07-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #2038
Tortoise*

Quote:
then i would chain the axle to the frame so it wouldnt flex and jack yourself up and over it, but to add another variable what if you had a winch and just winched yourself out
Lol, last sentence = win!

Old 07-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #2039
DerpWerx Fab

Lol no place to put a winch with my front setup!

Old 07-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #2040
DerpWerx Fab

Lmfao! She said yes! Houston BS Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342591423.764445.jpg

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread