Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Houston BS Thread

Closed Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #14561
minitruck4life
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
I say do it! Depending on the value of the the truck, they should sell it back a a percentage of what the value is. It would be easier if they have not cut you a check for the truck. But if they did already it might be a little harder.
I need to find a way to get it there too

Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #14562
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Oi!

Chris, how hard was it to convert your prerunner to 4X4 status?

Old 07-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #14563
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABregenzer View Post
Oi!

Chris, how hard was it to convert your prerunner to 4X4 status?
It was easy, but I did things differently than others.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #14564
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkie View Post
It was easy, but I did things differently than others.
So it's pretty much just buy the parts, then bolt them up?

Old 07-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #14565
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABregenzer View Post
So it's pretty much just buy the parts, then bolt them up?
Yes. I actually took the transmission apart and swapped output shafts and on the spindles I pressed in 4wd hubs so I could keep ABS.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #14566
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Pretty cool lil jeep thing from a storage unit we bought. Attachment 224355Attachment 224356

Anyone think its worth anything?
Doubt it, you would probably have to sell it to a Jeep owner. I don't think anyone one needs a portable tv these days since ipads exist.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #14567
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TV doesnt even work anymore since like...2(?) years ago when they made everyone switch to satellite or cable tv.
You could always put it on eBay for .99 cents and see where the bidding takes it . That is always fun to do.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #14569
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i approve this post!

We could cruise to Nissan meets together

They arent that expensive.. Why not just save up on the side and get one?
I am trying, I am window shopping on craigslist right now. lol

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3862521208.html

Old 07-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #14570
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fuuuu thats cheap

I thought they were around the $6k range for a nice one.

Its white too so itd match the taco!!! Do it! Lol.
I am pretty skeptical of some, I am pretty sure some would start and then run like complete shit.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #14571
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats how alot of old cars from the 90's with over 100,000 miles are. Especially twin turboed ones like such.

Problem with getting a high mileage old tuner car is that if not maintained right or taken care of they become money pits quick.

Plan on getting the turbos rebuilt cause the seals will be going out.
That is what I am worried about.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #14573
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
why so long??
Because I have bills and other things that take my money lol

Old 07-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #14574
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Well I say 2+ but I didn't factor in my tax return. I was just judging it by saying I would put back like $150-$300 a month.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #14575
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
I want an s14

Old 07-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #14576
non compliant
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If its gonna take you 2+ yrs to save up for the car then its gonna suck when you have to repair it cause its gonna take so long to save up repair money
Along these lines (and I know all of y'all can relate to this on some level), it only gets worse when you delve into the world of classic car restoration. Unless you're a jack of all trades, you're gonna be outsourcing a lot of labor and that costs serious money. Even if you're able to do a good amount of the work yourself, you're still looking at spending a pretty penny.

I'm currently planning and staging myself for a restoration project and goddamn it's a handful.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #14577
non compliant
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
I want an s14
A wha?

Old 07-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #14578
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
S14 nissan 240sx

Google image search newb

Sexy cars !
This

Preferably though I'd want to do an r32-34

Old 07-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #14579
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whats your plans with the car? Just wondering cause cars(especially imports like nissans) can get pricey when maint. time comes around.

Is it gonna be your project? Racecar? Sunday cruiser? Daily driver?
Strictly a project, then probably a Sunday cruiser.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #14580
non compliant

Smile

Quote:
S14 nissan 240sx

Google image search newb

Sexy cars !
Oh damn that's sex right durr

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread