Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Houston BS Thread

Closed Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #14821
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
There is a reason bud's are expensive, a good reputation will take you a long way.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #14822
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Meh id just fab my own. $350 for a piece of bent metal is a bit much IMHO

Old 04-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #14823
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Meh id just fab my own. $350 for a piece of bent metal is a bit much IMHO
Didn't realize you had a plasma cutter

Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #14824
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Didn't realize you had a plasma cutter
Dont need one. Theres a thing called a Drag tip(well atleast thats what i call it) for a cutting torch that lets you cut as clean and precise as a plasma or atleast pretty damn close to it.

If i REALLY needed to use a plasma, our family friend has one i could use.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #14825
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dont need one. Theres a thing called a Drag tip(well atleast thats what i call it) for a cutting torch that lets you cut as clean and precise as a plasma or atleast pretty damn close to it.

If i REALLY needed to use a plasma, our family friend has one i could use.
Might just be me pessimistic but I don't think a human can cut like a machine when it comes to a plasma cutter

Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #14826
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Might just be me pessimistic but I don't think a human can cut like a machine when it comes to a plasma cutter
There was a time before plasma cutters existed and people were cutting designs in metal. Plasmas just made it easier.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #14827
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There was a time before plasma cutters existed and people were cutting designs in metal. Plasmas just made it easier.
I figured as soon as they invented the plasma cutter they had a computer program run it on a machine for them for exact and precise cuts.. I didn't know this information.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #14828
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
I figured as soon as they invented the plasma cutter they had a computer program run it on a machine for them for exact and precise cuts.. I didn't know this information.
Think youre confused. Plasma cutters are handheld. CNC's are the computer ones.
In which case, yes a CNC can cut more precise than a human.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #14829
DerpWerx Fab

Plasma cutter = Houston BS Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366388607.475048.jpg

CNC=Houston BS Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366388618.803725.jpg

Old 04-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #14830
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
CNC = computer numerical control, doesn't necessarily mean it's a plasma cutter, per say.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #14831
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Water jet?

Old 04-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #14832
bpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud of
Name: Jon
bpkrules's Tacoma Gallery
350 for two bent peaces of metal!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #14833
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpkrules View Post
350 for two bent peaces of metal!
I paid aaround $700 for 3 pieces of bent metal, small price to pay IMO if you want to be able to drive home.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #14834
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
CNC = computer numerical control, doesn't necessarily mean it's a plasma cutter, per say.
Well most are plasmas so i thought it was implied. My apologies

Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #14835
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
I paid aaround $700 for 3 pieces of bent metal, small price to pay IMO if you want to be able to drive home.
Right , however, that metal probably only cost $100 to buy. All you have to do is bend it and walah..

Old 04-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #14836
DerpWerx Fab

Like, for me to make myself a full set of skids would prolly cost around $120.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #14837
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Right , however, that metal probably only cost $100 to buy. All you have to do is bend it and walah..
I think you missed the point I was trying to make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large
small price to pay IMO if you want to be able to drive home.
There have been plenty of debates on "cheap vs expensive" steel that any average Joe can go buy, but not every average Joe has access to the tools to shape and form the metal to cover your trucks undercarriage so I think and will continue to think $700 is cheaper than a drive line.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #14838
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Meh. My $200 bumper and skid do fine.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #14839
DerpWerx Fab

I see your point, $700 to protect your complete drivetrain which would cost thousands to fix if damaged, is indeed cheap.
But what im saying from a fabricators point of view, they make pretty decent money off the skids lol.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #14840
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkie View Post
Meh. My $200 bumper and skid do fine.
Did you make your bumper or buy it? Its pretty sweet

Edit: the bumper you had. Since you no haz truck anymore

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread