Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Austin Monthly Meet

Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #241
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Oury, Zane, can you both coordinate a time that works for you on Sunday?...not too early for Zane, but early enough so that Oury can come out and have some fun too. Feel free to chime in Chris, seeing as you come from out of town. I'm good with whatever you guys come up with.

And Oury, that's an awesome photo of your truck, looks good!

I missed my sliders yesterday, but will pick them up tomorrow. I might not have to paint them, but I'll definitely have them drilled and installed by Sunday! What's a good way to drill through the frame, btw?

Yay Sunday!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #242
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I really need to go to one of these..
People were asking where "The Bro Truck" was at SPI! But yes, you should definitely come hang with us one of these days
Old 07-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #243
Tacoma Addict
Nubes has a spectacular aura aboutNubes has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Nubes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post
I missed my sliders yesterday, but will pick them up tomorrow. I might not have to paint them, but I'll definitely have them drilled and installed by Sunday! What's a good way to drill through the frame, btw?
When I drilled mine I used a corded hammer drill and a regular bit, but I had to sharpen the bit a few times because it would dull after a while. I also had to jack up my truck a little because the drill was so long it would not fit under the frame with the bit in it. Since you have a lift it might not be an issue. I only had to drill 3 holes on each side but man it was a pain. I recommend drilling a smaller pilot hole all the way through first then use whatever size bit the bolt is, will be much easier. I only did that on the last 2 holes, wish I did them all that way lol. GL
Old 07-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #244
"Jedi Knight and friend to Captain dsaltus"
Dagobah is on a distinguished road

Name: Zane
Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oury, Zane, can you both coordinate a time that works for you on Sunday?...not too early for Zane, but early enough so that Oury can come out and have some fun too. Feel free to chime in Chris, seeing as you come from out of town. I'm good with whatever you guys come up with.
I can be pretty flexible, so whatever time Oury wants to go with...
Old 07-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #245

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobah View Post
I can be pretty flexible, so whatever time Oury wants to go with...
Sweet!

Alright Oury, just let us know what works best for you. Should we meet at the Shell station on Parmer and Dessau, and then head out from there?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #246
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I need to go to one of these meets
Old 07-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #247

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
I need to go to one of these meets
You should! We're getting together this Sunday for some light off-roading in the east Parmer Lane area in Austin. Trails are appropriate for a PreRunner, but have some fun spots that you can choose to test your 4x4 on.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #248

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
I found out last night that my darling volunteered us for a kayak trip on Sunday at 11am. Unless we all feel like watching the sun rise on the trail, I might have to bow out this month.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #249
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You should! We're getting together this Sunday for some light off-roading in the east Parmer Lane area in Austin. Trails are appropriate for a PreRunner, but have some fun spots that you can choose to test your 4x4 on.
If i can find an excuse to go to Austin i might do this, i think ive been to this place off Parmer before, and im always looking to play with my 4X4,
Old 07-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #250
uneekvisions is on a distinguished road
Name: Steven
uneekvisions's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubes View Post
Hey Steven, welcome. Our next meet up should be this Sunday as long as everyone is up for it.
Bah I work Sunday till 5:30p. When was the meet planned to start?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #251
McGrubber

also if anyone is in need of a rear chrome bumper and hitch let me know, it will give me an excuse to go to Austin.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #252

Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I found out last night that my darling volunteered us for a kayak trip on Sunday at 11am. Unless we all feel like watching the sun rise on the trail, I might have to bow out this month.
Oh no, haha! Well you gotta do what you gotta do.
Im not sure Oury's gonna make it this time based on the text I got from him last night. So Im gonna say this: Im trying to coordinate with a couple folks who arent on this forum, and they've been asking what time we're meeting, So unless Oury chimes in here with an earlier time by tonight, Im setting back to the default time = noon.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #253

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobah View Post
Oh no, haha! Well you gotta do what you gotta do.
Im not sure Oury's gonna make it this time based on the text I got from him last night. So Im gonna say this: Im trying to coordinate with a couple folks who arent on this forum, and they've been asking what time we're meeting, So unless Oury chimes in here with an earlier time by tonight, Im setting back to the default time = noon.
sounds good. I'll message you when we get off the lake to see where you folks are at that point.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #254
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys and gals, can't make this one. Just got too much on my plate to handle. Soon though!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #255
Tacoma Addict

Nubes's Tacoma Gallery
I'm fine with noon. So we meeting up at the creek on the trail again or somewhere else?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #256

Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm fine with noon. So we meeting up at the creek on the trail again or somewhere else?
Yeah, I think the first clearing by the creek is a good place for everyone to assemble. Once you find the trail, you cant really miss that first clearing.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #257
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
People were asking where "The Bro Truck" was at SPI! But yes, you should definitely come hang with us one of these days
Ahhh yes... I'm famous now
Old 07-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #258
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
so do these meets happen every month cause I'm interested to get out and meet new taco owners. do i need a lift to run with yall?
Old 07-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #259
Tacoma Addict

Nubes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacohound View Post
so do these meets happen every month cause I'm interested to get out and meet new taco owners. do i need a lift to run with yall?
Yup we normally meet every last sunday of the month. You don't need a lift, I don't have one or 4x4 and I get around just fine were we go. Just need to know the limits of your truck. Only got stuck like once or twice I think ... I'm in Temple so im just down the road from you. Ill be heading out tomorrow morning a little before 11am. Map of where we go is on page 4 of this thread, if you want an address for your gps or whatever the closest is, 2278 east yager ln austin tx.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #260
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup we normally meet every last sunday of the month. You don't need a lift, I don't have one or 4x4 and I get around just fine were we go. Just need to know the limits of your truck. Only got stuck like once or twice I think ... I'm in Temple so im just down the road from you. Ill be heading out tomorrow morning a little before 11am. Map of where we go is on page 4 of this thread, if you want an address for your gps or whatever the closest is, 2278 east yager ln austin tx.

thanks man, might come out next month, how many people usually go out?