Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Austin Monthly Meet

Old 05-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #601
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobah View Post
I have no free time on weekdays, but given enough notice for planning, I would love to help on a weekend day. Do you have all the tools we'll need? Or does anyone have the tools?
Yeah I don't have much time on weekdays either. If you have anytime this weekend I'm gonna give it a go. Let me know if your up for it.

As for tools I have a set that usually has every tool I need, plus I'm gonna get some coil compressors from advanced or one of the auto stores around here. I've never messed with the suspension before so I'm not sure if there are any other special tools needed other than a compressor?

Thanks!

-Moe
Old 05-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #602
"Jedi Knight and friend to Captain dsaltus"
Dagobah is on a distinguished road

Name: Zane
Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Ive never heard anything about different length shocks before. Sometimes springs will be different heights, but the springs support the weight of the vehicle which can be different on one side than the other, the shocks just regulate the action of the springs...
Old 05-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #603
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah the springs I ordered are side specific. The rear shocks were supposed to be, or so I thought. I found out the 5125s are ok being the same length on either side. The 5100 extended lengths should be side specific. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea. I think it's somewhere like .5" difference. And the longer goes on passenger side.

Glad I got it figured out, now I can stop worrying and get these baby's on my truck ASAP! I'm excited

Anyone know where I can get my Coilovers assembled? I've heard people say, "make sure you get someone who has dealt with the eibach coils and Bilsteins before". I'm sure going to a reputable shop that is familiar with any type of coilover will be fine. Any recommendations in the Austin or surrounding areas? Thanks for the help!
Old 05-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #604
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone interested in going out to Hidden Falls tomorrow? I'm thinking of meeting up with the group already out there.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #605
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
C'mon guys! It'll be fun! I'm told it dried out quick up there.

I'd like to leave mid-late morning, but am flexible for those looking to caravan.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #606

Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
I might be interested...
I'll keep you posted. Been itching to wheel the new Runner
Old 05-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #607

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking of leaving around 10:30 from Round Rock. Where would you like to meet up, Zane?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #608

Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Shoot, sorry. Just woke up. It'll take me a couple hours to be ready to go, I've got some stuff I've gotta do first.
Which way will you be going?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #609

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
I35 to 1431. After about an hour on 1431, it's a right into their new driveway.

Loading up now, likely leave in 30 minutes.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #610

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Minor snag. My friend, who I am picking up, is selling his car today and the buyer said they'd be here "soon."

Let me know when you're ready to leave, Zane. It's likely we might still be in town by then.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #611

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
-OMG- Buyer finally showed. Now to see if we can get that beast sold and get on the road!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #612

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, headed out now. Cya there!

CB channel 4, or message me here
Old 05-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #613

Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, not makin' it this time. I have too much to do today. Maybe next time if I have a little notice beforehand.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #614
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...brand-new.html

Selling brand new LR UCAs - Located in Cedar Park. Might be selling my Relentless rear bumper, Elite front with Warn M8000s and All Pro Skids soon also - will need factory parts to go back on.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #615
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys anyone know of any good rivers to float on or what y'all prefer around Austin new braunfuls area ? Gonna go somewhere this Sunday just havent decided yet
Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #616
jestanislaw is on a distinguished road
EMS: Paramedic
Name: James
jestanislaw's Tacoma Gallery
Need 2 used 31 1050 15's

Need a couple of these for my off road trailer (build thread soon to come.) Don't have to be perfect just safe and legal. I live in S. Austin.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #617
Little Brown Pool Boy
Hgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the rough

Name: Cody
Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty quiet over here
Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #618

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Texas Tacos on FB is gathering another Austin group together. They have 10 people already. I look forward to seeing what they pull together.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #619
Little Brown Pool Boy
Hgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the rough

Name: Cody
Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Are we ever gonna design that gator sticker ?? Lol
Old 07-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #620

I'm gonna look up the Texas tacos. I've been itching to hang out with other taco owners. Also to get some ideas on trails in or around austin