Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Austin Monthly Meet

Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #661
Revco is on a distinguished road
Revco's Tacoma Gallery
So who left all the 2x4's and wood scraps in the ruts along the Parmer spot? Went out there yesterday evening to show a friend the place and I had to get out and make sure there were no nails and shit. Also noticed a camera flash from a pole as I was leaving, WTF?
Old 08-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #662
"Jedi Knight and friend to Captain dsaltus"
Dagobah is on a distinguished road

Name: Zane
Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revco View Post
So who left all the 2x4's and wood scraps in the ruts along the Parmer spot? Went out there yesterday evening to show a friend the place and I had to get out and make sure there were no nails and shit. Also noticed a camera flash from a pole as I was leaving, WTF?
I've spotted people out there dumping several different times. Don't know about the camera, but theres a hunting camera strapped to a bridge post at lost creek where you enter. it takes pictures of everyone going back to their cars. Last time I went, I made a point of walking under it so it wouldn't see me.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #663
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
The cameras are both next to "no dumping" signs. There is scrap wood pallets and broken glass in a few different places out there. Some of the scrap wood was used a few weeks back during recovery of an Excursion that slipped into a rut and came to rest on its front a axle. Those pallets were then placed around that rut to keep other vehicles from doing the same.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #664
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
If you folks are interested, Alan is taking a couple trucks out to Long Ranch in Llano to explore the park this Saturday.

http://www.longranchwheeling.com/

Meet-up is on 183/1431 in the Walmart parking lot at 11am Saturday morning.

Here is Spencer's '91 truck at Long Ranch when water was flowing.

Bring something to swim in. Locals say the river is great, and the park highly encourages its use for cooling off!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #665
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Also, here are some videos of our excursion to Hidden Falls last weekend. I'm still going through videos, but here are the ones I've compiled so far...

http://youtu.be/QhdeEnMR154

http://youtu.be/V0o-5vy052E

http://youtu.be/1eIhNhPWmns

http://youtu.be/1X7c80Jkc44

http://youtu.be/a1Hubqk5HzY

From a previous meet
http://youtu.be/j1FYntQVxxI

Derpin'

If anyone is interested, we have a group on FB now. Information on upcoming events, rig photos, event photos.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Grea...ToyotaOffRoad/
Old 08-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #666
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I may be able to make it to hidden falls one time before my son is born )
Just found out to days ago I'm having a boy!
If anyone has some clothes and other things they would like to donate I would greatly appreciate it and be more than happy to take it since it would help me greatly!!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #667

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
tc98, here's your chance!

I just finished installing my locker, and am holding a meet-up at Hidden Falls this Saturday to test it out.

Meeting time is tentatively 8am at Cracker Barrel on I35 in Round Rock. I'm looking for input as to if that's too early. After breakfast, head out and hit the trails!

Bring lots of water, and lunch.

Looking forward to it!

Old 08-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #668
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What day is that!?
Old 08-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #669

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Aug 10th, this Saturday. You in?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #671

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
HELLS. YES.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #672
Revco's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a section of 3"x5"x3/16" steel rectangle tubing, 6' long, new, USA steel. Good to make a tough rear bumper. I was going to build one for my Tacoma with this, but decided to do a tube bumper out back instead. I'll toss in 36" long piece of 1/2"x3" Flat bar to be used as frame mounts for the bumper and are long enough to protrude through the tubing to be used as anchor points/shackle mounts. Located in N. Austin, right off I-35. Will sell both pieces for $60, which is less than you'd pay for it at Westbrook/Metals4U.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #673

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
The GATOR group will be at Hidden Falls this weekend.

YES, it'll be busy.

YES, it'll be wicked fun.

We'll have open seats in some very capable rigs, if anyone wants to catch a ride.

I'll be arriving at Hidden Falls early tomorrow to catch us a good group camp site. A few more trucks are rolling in Friday night. Most everyone is camping Friday night, then a huge day of wheeling Saturday with free BBQ and raffle provided by 4Wheel Parts. More wheeling on Sunday.

Come on out! For those who hadn't heard, I'll be in a new toy, an '87 4Runner, so keep an eye out for it in camp area B.

(See, the top is off, so it looks more like a Toyota truck, so I blend in better on here) :P
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #674
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
My wheels/tires for sale:

http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/4043887850.html
Old 09-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #675
Revco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #676

4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...iles-them.html

My Toytec Bilstein 5100 coilovers for sale.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #677

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Breaking the radio silence!

We have a few events coming up...

TOMORROW (SATURDAY): Hidden Falls Adventure Park. Meet at check-in at 3:30pm (entrance is half price, and we can wheel until midnight). CB channel 23

November 23rd-30th: Big Bend Ranch State Park. Primitive camping and wheeling

February 8th-10th: Snow wheeling with TBOR in Cloudcroft, NM
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #678
J Hoss is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
J Hoss's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking STRONGLY about selling my vehicle stable for a 2010+ 4 runner... p.s. I claim some responsibility for the wood, didn't foresee my friends excursion getting stuck..I never have

[ok twice on stock tires]

Gotta get out to a meet soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Austin Monthly Meet-img_5712.jpg  
Old 10-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #679
"Jedi Knight and friend to Captain dsaltus"
Dagobah is on a distinguished road

Name: Zane
Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Hoss View Post
Thinking STRONGLY about selling my vehicle stable for a 2010+ 4 runner... p.s. I claim some responsibility for the wood, didn't foresee my friends excursion getting stuck..I never have

[ok twice on stock tires]

Gotta get out to a meet soon!
Just, whatever you do, get the Trail Edition. You'll kick yourself later if you don't, I promise...
Old 10-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #680
J Hoss is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
J Hoss's Tacoma Gallery
Im definitely settled on the TE. found a funner just trying to be responsible and get rid of at least one of my vehicles first :/ (02 GS430 & 03 Honda RC51)