Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Austin Monthly Meet

Old 03-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #761
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestanislaw View Post
Hey Oury wish I could make it to the meet-up but I really just wanted to see how you were doing after your battle with the angle grinder. I was the medic that showed up at your house. Hope you're doing well brutha!!

Thank you!! I am doing better and healing slowly. I hope to be back out with y'all soon :-)
Old 03-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #762
Tacos All Around is just really niceTacos All Around is just really niceTacos All Around is just really niceTacos All Around is just really niceTacos All Around is just really nice

Army: Command Group, HHC, 4th SB
Name: Clint
Tacos All Around's Tacoma Gallery
Any info for a guy down in the FT. Hood area? Wanting to make a trip up to Austin for one of the meets. Just bought my truck about 4 weeks ago now and I'm excited to get it out there with other Taco owners.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #763
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
We're meeting tomorrow at Dave and Buster's on 183/Mopac at 11am.

You'll know us when you see us in the parking lot
Old 03-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #764
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I would have seen this earlier
Anyone wanna meet up next weekend ?
Old 03-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #765
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Went well today. We had a few derp-ups with parking, but some good rigs came out none the less.

Not sure about next weekend. Keep us in the loop, and we'll see what we're up to.
Attached Thumbnails
Austin Monthly Meet-2014-03-30-13.04.11.jpg  
Old 03-31-2014, 06:47 AM   #766
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Aww man missed another one, hopefully next time
Old 04-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #767
Mazzive is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Mazzive's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 04-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #768
medjah is on a distinguished road
Name: Blake
medjah's Tacoma Gallery
new Taco owner.

subd
Old 04-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #769
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the Central Texas Facebook page, more active members there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sanantoniooffroaders/
Old 04-24-2014, 06:29 AM   #770

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
For an Austin area group, we have G.A.T.O.R. Greater Austin Toyota OffRoad on Facebook.

We're reviving our monthly meets, as well as off-road events such as Toyota Jamboree, K2, and Hidden Falls.

Our next off-road event is this Sunday at Hidden Falls, 9am.
Our next monthly meet is May 11th, with a caravan to BBQ. Details TBD.

We don't check TW as often as we should. Pop over to GATOR for quicker updates
Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #771
medjah is on a distinguished road
Name: Blake
medjah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post
For an Austin area group, we have G.A.T.O.R. Greater Austin Toyota OffRoad on Facebook.

We're reviving our monthly meets, as well as off-road events such as Toyota Jamboree, K2, and Hidden Falls.

Our next off-road event is this Sunday at Hidden Falls, 9am.
Our next monthly meet is May 11th, with a caravan to BBQ. Details TBD.

We don't check TW as often as we should. Pop over to GATOR for quicker updates
Sent add request on FB. I am looking forward to meeting other Taco owners.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #772
Mazzive is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Mazzive's Tacoma Gallery
When is the next TW meet? This Sunday?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #773
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone in Austin have experience replacing the cat converters, a/f sensor and O2 sensor?

I bought some direct fit magnaflow cats and it seems like a simple job but just want to make sure I do it correct. Some of the bolts/ nuts look like they might be tough to get to. Especially the 3 nuts on the front flange of the 1st cat. Maybe I'll have to double or triple up on the ratchet extensions.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #774
DblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from Southern MO,
Headed to Austin the end of the month for a Buffett concert. Looking for any ideas or recommendations for things we can do with our dog. The place we have always boarded him wasn’t able to take him for that weekend so we going to try bringing him with us. Have the pet friendly hotel taken care of and all is good there. Would like to hear any recommendations for restaurants, parks, or other places that will allow Riley to tag along. From Austin we are headed to Port Aransas and PINS.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.
dd

Who could leave this guy at home?

Old 05-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #775
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Gourdough's Public House in Austin, eat a donut burger. Crazy Cajun and La Playa Mexican Grille are great places in Port A to eat, Virginias is a great place to go have a drink and eat on the marina. I have no idea about the dog friendliness at any of those places though. Have fun on PINS!! Are you taking fishing gear or just exploring?
Old 05-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #776

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
I'm calling in the doggie experts, Zane and Sheila!
Attached Thumbnails
Austin Monthly Meet-20140518_133610.jpg  
Old 05-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #777
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...nd-2014-a.html
Old 05-22-2014, 06:44 AM   #778
"Jedi Knight and friend to Captain dsaltus"
Dagobah is on a distinguished road

Name: Zane
Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Most restaurants here will be OK with the dog if they have any kind of outside seating, but its always good to ask just to make sure. The Main field at Zilker Park is off-leash, and its a great place for him/her to play with other dogs.
Also Redbud Island is an off-leash park where the dogs can swim, but there's not nearly enough parking for that place, so you may have to circle the parking lot several times.
I usually take Sheila to various places along the Barton Creek Greenbelt, even though technically dogs aren't allowed off of leash there but I just kinda keep an eye out for park cops.
There's LOTS of other places, it might be worth a google search...
Old 05-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #779
DblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Gourdough's Public House in Austin, eat a donut burger. Crazy Cajun and La Playa Mexican Grille are great places in Port A to eat, Virginias is a great place to go have a drink and eat on the marina. I have no idea about the dog friendliness at any of those places though. Have fun on PINS!! Are you taking fishing gear or just exploring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobah View Post
Most restaurants here will be OK with the dog if they have any kind of outside seating, but its always good to ask just to make sure. The Main field at Zilker Park is off-leash, and its a great place for him/her to play with other dogs.
Also Redbud Island is an off-leash park where the dogs can swim, but there's not nearly enough parking for that place, so you may have to circle the parking lot several times.
I usually take Sheila to various places along the Barton Creek Greenbelt, even though technically dogs aren't allowed off of leash there but I just kinda keep an eye out for park cops.
There's LOTS of other places, it might be worth a google search...

Excellent! Thank you for the information. If you see a Green Tacoma with MO plates next weekend, honk and wave. Practicing my Hook ‘m Horns

dd

Old 05-29-2014, 07:13 AM   #780
"Jedi Knight and friend to Captain dsaltus"
Dagobah is on a distinguished road

Name: Zane
Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblD View Post
Excellent! Thank you for the information. If you see a Green Tacoma with MO plates next weekend, honk and wave. Practicing my Hook ‘m Horns

dd

Wow man, freaking GORGEOUS rig
In my opinion, green Tacos are way too rare