Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Toytec lift in Austin

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
superman2481 is on a distinguished road
superman2481's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec lift in Austin

Possibly ordering the 3" spacer lift and aal with ome coil and was wondering if any Austin members would be willing to help me install?? Last time I owned a tacoma I had fellow TTORA members help install "cornfed suspension" spacer and aal haha.. I live in an apt so id pretty much supply pizza and beverages aslong as we drank after my lift was on lol let me know,thanks and I look forward to meeting y'all soon...
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
your ordering a spacer lift WITH a OME coil? Its either or. Id stick with the OME coil
Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Which lift is it exactly you have a link? If you were closer I would help too.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
Here's the link.. http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 04-27-2012, 04:34 AM   #5
Or should u go with this option and use the money for diff shocks?
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 04-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #6
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman2481 View Post
This is the better of the two. Spacers are a no go....
Old 04-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #7
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
I would not recommend either lift for you. In the long run, it will be bad on your stock suspension and limit travel. It will also stress your coil overs a bit using that spacer. I had one and once I removed and replaced it with a aftermarket coil over, you will notice a huge difference in handling and smoothness.

Don't know what your spending limit is but here some to help:

Get the OEM lift. It will be worth every penny.

Here is a cheaper 3 inch lift I've seen some people have good thoughts about.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...t_pn=EXPK5081B
Old 04-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #8
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oury View Post
I would not recommend either lift for you. In the long run, it will be bad on your stock suspension and limit travel. It will also stress your coil overs a bit using that spacer. I had one and once I removed and replaced it with a aftermarket coil over, you will notice a huge difference in handling and smoothness.

Don't know what your spending limit is but here some to help:

Get the OME lift. It will be worth every penny.

Here is a cheaper 3 inch lift I've seen some people have good thoughts about.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...t_pn=EXPK5081B
Fixed it for ya. The OME lift is nice thats what im running. I'd stay away from the procomp lifts as from what ive heard the ride will be pretty stiff.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:49 AM   #9
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oury's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't sure if he is going to wheel or not. other wise ya your right
Old 04-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #10
Tacoma Addict
Nubes has a spectacular aura aboutNubes has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Nubes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Spacers are a no go....
This ^^^

lol but whatever you choose to do I'm willing to come out and try and help. But I am still new at suspension stuff and want to learn more
Old 04-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #11
Texas Taco

Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubes View Post
This ^^^

lol but whatever you choose to do I'm willing to come out and try and help. But I am still new at suspension stuff and want to learn more
we all start somewhere, I was in the same position a year ago with a stock truck. now look at what happened to it
Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
OP you could also go the billy 5100 route depending on your budget...
Old 04-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #13
Thanks for all the suggestions, and it's a prerunner but I'm not gonna do too much wheeling, mostly for looks and mild offroad capability

Products Discussed in this Thread