Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

DFW Wrench Meet, May 12

Old 05-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
DFW Wrench Meet, May 12

Going to be wrenching on my 4Runner this Saturday. Could use any available hands willing to help. You're more than welcome to bring your own mods to do to your truck but my main focus is getting my rig back on the ground. Going to try to wrap up the rear suspension and start the tear down on the front. Can provide beer if you're of age (juice boxes for Adam lol) and lunch. Have two welders (wire flux core, and stick), plasma cutter, and power tools. Let me know if you can make it.

If I get the rear suspension wrapped up earlier in the day, I'll be headed to Bridgeport for night wheeling Saturday night instead of tearing into the front suspension.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
I'm out - I have a poker run this weekend that a buddy and I sponsor every year.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Juice boxes?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Good chance I can go, but I honestly don't know shit when it comes to wrenching..
Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
Good chance I can go, but I honestly don't know shit when it comes to wrenching..
I might make it as well. Looks like its going to be a muddy mess at Bridgeport.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Pay for my mileage round trip?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Pay for my mileage round trip?
I'll go half.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Really good chance I can make this. I need to weld on my slider legs, frame plates and gussets.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Really good chance I can make this. I need to weld on my slider legs, frame plates and gussets.
No mig welder
Old 05-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #11
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't catch there is no mig. You and your dad want to burn some metal that morning?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post
I'll go half.
actually I just realized I'm going to be driving back to Tyler on the 12th to help pack up stuff. I'll probably be going through cleburne around lunch? Blake how far is cleburne from the i20 sign that says cleburne?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
actually I just realized I'm going to be driving back to Tyler on the 12th to help pack up stuff. I'll probably be going through cleburne around lunch? Blake how far is cleburne from the i20 sign that says cleburne?
lol I'd say his house is about 25-30 mins depending on traffic and cops.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Didn't catch there is no mig. You and your dad want to burn some metal that morning?
I just realized I work on Saturday till 2. But I'd be up to welding them sometime that day if you want if not Sunday
Old 05-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
Ouch
Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #16

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Saturday afternoon might work. I can't on Sunday since it is mothers day.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Ouch
Keith I'm down to meet for lunch if you wanted you'll probably be rolling through where i live about lunch
Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keith I'm down to meet for lunch if you wanted you'll probably be rolling through where i live about lunch
I'd definately be up for that
Old 05-07-2012, 05:15 AM   #19
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CrackerJackMack's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJackMack
Really want to come and help but I got my finger bit during a dog fight. My left hand is basically unusable right now. I'd basically be a derek out there
Old 05-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #20
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
Come on anyway. Good time to learn. If you mess something up, it's on someone else's truck lol.

Quote:
I might make it as well. Looks like its going to be a muddy mess at Bridgeport.
Yeah looks like it's going to be storming.

Quote:
We welded mine with a regular flux core wire welder then just ground all the splatter off. Although I wasn't really worried about it since you can't see them unless you climb under and look at it. But since yours are already painted, it would probably be better to find someone with a MIG.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
Yeah 25 or 30 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackMack View Post
Really want to come and help but I got my finger bit during a dog fight. My left hand is basically unusable right now. I'd basically be a derek out there
Sucks about your finger man. But feel free to come by anyway.