Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Factory OR Bilsteins - Anybody want a set?

Old 05-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
Factory OR Bilsteins - Anybody want a set?

Posting this in Both the Louisiana & Texas forums.

Folks I've got a a 2012 DCSB OR that I will soon be installing 5100's on all the way around. The factory Bilstein shocks that it came with currently have just under 8,000 miles on them, will probably have about 10,000 (or less) when I upgrade.

I am not selling or trading! Free to the first "I'll take 'em" post (as verified by forum time stamp in this post or the La post) with this stipulation:

I'm not shipping them, not worth it. I live just North of Beamuont (Lumberton) and am in sales. I drive a lot - frequently as far as Point Comfort, Texas to the West and LaPlace, Louisiana to the East. I'll make arrangements with you to meet up some time to hand them over somewhere along that route (or possibly one of the group meets to Sicily Island / South Padre) when it's convenient for both of us.

If nobody says they want them before I get my lift done then they will be going in the trash.

Let me know...

David
Old 05-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Just mapped out those locations. Holy cow you drive alot! Company car I hope?
Old 05-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Baum View Post
Just mapped out those locations. Holy cow you drive alot! Company car I hope?
I drive my 2012 Tacoma, but I am reimbursed by my company fairly for using it. I could drive something cheaper and make a little money with it, but then I wouldn't be driving a Tacoma!

David
Old 05-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #4

They're gone, grhopper claimed them in the LA thread.

Regards,

David
Old 05-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
Desert Rat is on a distinguished road

Desert Rat's Tacoma Gallery
Did you do 5100s with a block or AAL at the rear? Any VSC problems?
Old 05-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Did you do 5100s with a block or AAL at the rear? Any VSC problems?
Haven't done it yet, stuff is on order. Going to put the firestone airbags in the back. I have 5100's set at 1.75" w/ ride rite's on my '07 and have been very happy with that set up. Going w/ 5100's at 0" and Eibach springs in the front (~1.6" total lift) on my '12. Don't know about the VSC yet, will follow the reset instructions if it's a problem.

David
Old 05-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
jokker1978 is on a distinguished road
jokker1978's Tacoma Gallery
i live in silsbee , we are almost neigbors, i am wanting to lift my 05 taco not sure how yet
Old 05-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokker1978 View Post
i live in silsbee , we are almost neigbors, i am wanting to lift my 05 taco not sure how yet
Yep, wish there were some good places to go offroad close by!

What do you want your truck to be? How high? What size tires? Etc?

David
Old 05-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #9
I want it to sit up higher , i am going to put a set of 265/75/16 km'2 on it .
too many options to lift it . the more i read on them the more confused i get !
Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
i ordered the Front Bilstein 5100s and aal for the rear
Old 05-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokker1978 View Post
i ordered the Front Bilstein 5100s and aal for the rear
That should work well. Have you considered ordering springs for the front 5100's? I have been happy w/ the 5100's set at 1.75" on my '07, but from everything I've read swapping to aftermarket springs gives a better ride. I purchased the Eibach springs for my '12 - set at 0 w/ the 5100's they should give about 1.6" of lift. If you wanted about 2.5" of total lift you can use the OME885 springs and keep the 5100's on the 0 setting.

W/ aftermarket springs you have to add the 1/4" top spacer (19.95 on Toytech web site) on the driver's side. The Tacoma's have the gas tank battery and driver all on same side and will have a little lean without the spacer. Apparently the factory driver side spring is slightly longer than the passenger side so they don't come w/ a spacer from the factory.

Can't comment on the ride improvements of the aftermarket springs 1st hand yet, but should be able to provide some follow up commentary soon.

Good Luck w/ your truck!

David