Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Houston Area Meet Pics 5/19/12

Old 05-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #41
Little Brown Pool Boy
Hgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the rough

Name: Cody
Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i didnt have the balls yet to go through it in mine yet lol i had sand all up in the motor when i cleaned it
Old 05-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #42
Hydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to behold
Name: Johnny
Hydrolai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgkilla View Post
Yeah i didnt have the balls yet to go through it in mine yet lol i had sand all up in the motor when i cleaned it
you should see what my engine bay looks like....

on another note my interior is finally back to normal after 2 hrs of cleaning..... need to shampoo the seats !
Old 05-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #43
Hydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to behold
http://youtu.be/N-Lc7em4yQ4
Old 05-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #44
http://youtu.be/TyXGj-Or8Xo
Old 05-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #45
computers giving me problems and it cut the videos down to size by a lot.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #46
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
So was that 4runner not 4x4 or why did it get stuck?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #47
Little Brown Pool Boy
Hgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the rough

Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
it was 4wd and had brand new km2' but he high centered himself pretty bad
Old 05-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #48
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I could go but I don't think a street truck would fit in lol
Old 05-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #49
that 4 runner shouldve just went into that the puddle next to it... i made it in 2wd with rugger fails at stock height no problem....
Old 05-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #50
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrolai View Post
you should see what my engine bay looks like....

on another note my interior is finally back to normal after 2 hrs of cleaning..... need to shampoo the seats !

i still need to clean my engine bay too
Old 05-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #51
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post

i still need to clean my engine bay too
i need to clean my whole truck
Old 05-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #52
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
i need to clean my whole truck
Man I power washed my truck the next day. Cmon man!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #53
i washed my truck that evening ! washed it 3 different times because i felt like it was cleaning enough.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #54
Pimp
lordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant future

lordbater's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
when was the accord pull out??
It's either the same one, or another white accord that was jumping the dunes, top to top Saturday, maybe before noon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgkilla View Post
it was 4wd and had brand new km2' but he high centered himself pretty bad

high centered? I didn't get a good look at the front, just looked burried to the axles to me, plus driving somewhere he had no business going, hell, I didn't even want to get close enough for the strap, just popped the winch cable on (actually I think one of the Tundra guys popped it on for me.,). Me an the lady had been on the beach all day, went to the beach house, showered, went to the bar for dinner and I talked her into another beach cruise, just in case someones stuck (It's not a complete trip for me unless I pull someone out) so I didn't want to get all up in that muddy crap..

The Venezuelan dude driving the 4Runner gave me about 1/3 of a bottle of really fine ass Venezuelan rum..

Sounds like a good trade to me.. I won't take $$, sometimes beer or ice...

Andrew
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #55
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I'm all clean and purty now.... bonus is a fogging headlight...
Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #56
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
bonus is a fogging headlight...
thats not good, any idea where the leak is?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #57
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
thats not good, any idea where the leak is?
no idea... gotta pull it apart and reseal... don't feel like it though...
Old 05-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #58
Little Brown Pool Boy

Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Just took my intake off got quite of bit of sand out but none past the filter thanks K&N lol
Old 05-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #59
Pimp
lordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant futurelordbater has a brilliant future

oh, I see now, video, even better.

A
Old 05-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #60
Pimp

I'll go ahead and commit the cardinal sin. I don't actually own a Tacoma, but I'd like to hang out with other Toyota guys that are not crawling rocks or going 500 miles away for their every get together.., so boot me if you must.

I have a friend with one and I was hoping you could clear something up for us.. He's not internet savvy..

2011 Single Cab 4cyl 5sp 4x4. basically a 4x4 fleet truck.

How does the Traction Control work?

It appears that you cannot turn it off in 4hi, and you cannot turn it on in 4 low according to the lights. Is something wrong?

What does it actually do? Is it similar to the traction control on a <cringe> Land Rover where it grabs the brake on the wheel/wheels that are slipping?, if so, how do some of the aftermarket lockers work on this type of system in the Toyotas? As opposed to the traction control say on an AWD Acura which will drop the airbag suspension to keep you on the highway and get you stuck immediately if you are not on the highway?

Any input would be grateful.

Thanks
Andrew