Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Recommend me a Carburetor rebuilld mechanic

Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Recommend me a Carburetor rebuilld mechanic

Hey guys,
Its about that time where my 85 PU needs its carburetor rebuilt. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me to a quality mechanic who has a good reputation of doing this task.

Thanks guys
Old 07-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Carbs aren't real hard to rebuild; have you looked at doing it yourself?
Old 07-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
No. I'm not very mechanically inclined, nor do I have the time right now.

Also I guess I should mention this is for Houston members.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok, I'll butt out.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #6

Ok, one more question because I'm an idiot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
No. I'm not very mechanically inclined, nor do I have the time right now.

Also I guess I should mention this is for Houston members.
Since you are not mechanically inclined what does not having any spare time to do it have to do with it? Shouldn't you just say you don't know how to use a wrench and want to pay someone else to do it for you?

Again, I'm just an idiot asking a question that does know how to turn a wrench and might have rebuilt it for you.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Let your girlfriend do it!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
Let your girlfriend do it!
He'll have to wait till her nails are done drying first.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #9
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Just watched an episode of dukes of hazard and Daisy Duke rebuilt one in under 3 min.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Just watched an episode of dukes of hazard and Daisy Duke rebuilt one in under 3 min.
I'd let her rebuild the carb on my Tacoma any day!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
If she can find the Carb on my Tacoma she can rebuild it
Old 07-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #12

I'll let her look for the carb all day. lol
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #13

You must be stupid also. He isn't looking for good advice or help. He is simply looking for someone to rebuild his carb.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #14
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
You must be stupid also. He isn't looking for good advice or help. He is simply looking for someone to rebuild his carb.

hahaha
Old 07-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #15
Quote:
Ok, one more question because I'm an idiot....

Since you are not mechanically inclined what does not having any spare time to do it have to do with it? Shouldn't you just say you don't know how to use a wrench and want to pay someone else to do it for you?

Again, I'm just an idiot asking a question that does know how to turn a wrench and might have rebuilt it for you.
I thought it was implied in the title, because if I DID know how to do it, and I DID have the time, this thread wouldn't exist.

Is that an offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
www.gotpropane.com

Go there and never look back.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Are you implying I am stupid because I don't know how to rebuild a carburetor?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #16

Quote:
I thought it was implied in the title, because if I DID know how to do it, and I DID have the time, this thread wouldn't exist.
Since it has been almost forever since we sat down and had a couple beers I have forgotten how to read your mind.

Quote:
Is that an offer?
Not now.

Quote:
Thanks man.
^That was one of the best suggestions in this thread. If you drive your truck off road more than on road I'd really look into it. The kits are not hard and if you ask for help you would be surprised how much help you would get.

Quote:
Are you implying I am stupid because I don't know how to rebuild a carburetor?
I am not implying you are stupid because you do not know how to rebuild a carb. I'm saying you are ignorant of the knowledge of rebuilding a carb. There is a difference.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #18

I'll take the Jessica Simpson version.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
It really was a very simple install. It took me probably 8 hours from opening the box to turning the key. However, it can be done much, much faster if you know what to expect before you attempt it. I'd say I could do it again in 3 hours. If you consider the kit, PM me and I'll get you some detailed pictures and a writeup of what I did since the instructions that come with it are absolutely terrible.
If I read correctly its a 900 kit. I don't really off road much, and when I do its super light. Though Id eventually want to build a moderate trail truck, I want this truck more as a weekend cruiser.

Thank you though for the offer to help, if I ever do pull the trigger on this I will PM you.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #20
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Not from Texas, never rebuilt a carb but here's my advise. A new Weber 32/36 is $254 and will greatly improve how your truck will run and may give it a little more power. Thats what I did on my 82' and probably the best money i've spent on the truck.

Got it from webercarbsdirect.com