Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Barnwell Mountain August 11th

Old 07-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Barnwell Mountain August 11th

A group of us have decided to do a Barnwell Mt run on August 11, 2012. The more the merrier!

Barnwell Mountain
Gilmer, TX
meeting at 8am

Barnwell does have a $30 day fee for those wheeling, or $5/person for those riding. Also, if you do not have a TX OHV sticker, if the office has them in stock, they are $16. If you do not purchase a sticker or already have one and the game warden stops you, the fine is $500. If the office is out, they have a verbal agreement that you will not get a ticket (depending on your attitude lol).

Camping if available for those wishing to stay the night.

Items to bring:
Lunch - we will eat on the trail
Bug spray
A change of underwear

Going:
1. jbmccul +1
2. LaFJDude +1-2
3. AJONESER
4. berettashot117
5. TheSilverBull

Maybe:
1. Blueanimal
2. Bang Bang
3. ThatGuy18
Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down as a maybe. I'm off but have to get the rig together. I plan to have it back on the ground by next weekend and ready to wheel shortly after. Will also depend on money. I'm planning on hitting Superlift in October.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #4

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Put me down as a maybe. I'm off but have to get the rig together. I plan to have it back on the ground by next weekend and ready to wheel shortly after. Will also depend on money. I'm planning on hitting Superlift in October.
Will do
Old 07-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If I go, I'll be getting there when they open on Friday morning and leaving after lunch Sunday.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #6

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I go, I'll be getting there when they open on Friday morning and leaving after lunch Sunday.
Ok, awesome. I believe a few of the guys from Louisiana Land Krewesers are planning to do the same thing. I may end up camping out one night
Old 07-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Ok, awesome. I believe a few of the guys from Louisiana Land Krewesers are planning to do the same thing. I may end up camping out one night
There's just too many trails out there to not stay for 3 days. I only saw a few of them the last weekend I was there. But my rig will be a lot more capable this time.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #8

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know, this will be my first trip out there
Old 07-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #9

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 07-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #10

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 07-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
is it prerunner firendly ? TRD OR ?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #12

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be there in my 2wd 4Runner along with a friend in his 2wd 4Runner. We're both modded but you should be fine. We can always split off from the 4x4 guys and hit our own trails
Old 07-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #13

There are some trails that are two wheel drive friendly but you need to be generous with the skinny pedal and/or have a locker.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #14

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I have no problem giving it the skinny!

When will you know if you can make it for sure?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #15

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Updated List

Going:
1. jbmccul +1
2. LaFJDude +1-2 (FJ Forums)
3. AJONESER (FJ Forums)
4. berettashot117
5. TheSilverBull
6. Happyochappy (FJ Forums)

Maybe:
1. ThatGuy18
2. landy (FJ Forums)
Old 07-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
LostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: US Forest Service Wildland Firefighter
Name: Micah
LostCajun's Tacoma Gallery
I am a definately-maybe. I am planning on going, but I have made myself available to go on a fire detail with work, so I might be doing that instead. Assuming I don't get a fire, I will be bringing the camper up on that Friday.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #17

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
You better not get a fire!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #18

I probably won't make this. All my money will be going toward Superlift in October.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #19

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I probably won't make this. All my money will be going toward Superlift in October.
That sucks, but I understand man.

Bump, 2 weeks out
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #20
LostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: US Forest Service Wildland Firefighter
Name: Micah
LostCajun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
You better not get a fire!
Well, just did. Going to travel to Oklahoma on 31st, then 14 days on detail. Unless we get cut short (which my last trip did...) I will miss out on the trip. I'll keep y'all posted if I can.