Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

longest length to pull safely?

Old 07-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
kimberlysp is on a distinguished road
Name: Kim
kimberlysp's Tacoma Gallery
longest length to pull safely?

We have a 2011 Prerunner, double cab, long bed, trying to purchase a travel trailer. I have read about weight size, wondering about length. Looking at several campers, one Palomina Ultralight 26BHSL dry weight 4,014 length is 26"9. Wondering if anyone has pulled longer with a little heavier of weight? Live in Houston, won't be pulling very far, not too many hills. Any input would be great. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Tow rating is 5,000 lbs. you should be good if the truck came with the tow package (different alternator, transmission cooler) and if it didn't you could always upgrade.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you get a trailer that is in the legal weight limit. ( I know there are many out there you can tow with your truck) Because if you are over the limit and get in an accident, you can be sued for it.
I know a guy that lost in a big law suit when the accident wasn't even his fault. But the dirty lawyers turned it on him
Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
Make sure you get a trailer that is in the legal weight limit. ( I know there are many out there you can tow with your truck) Because if you are over the limit and get in an accident, you can be sued for it.
I know a guy that lost in a big law suit when the accident wasn't even his fault. But the dirty lawyers turned it on him
I have no love for lawyers but if he was over weight no matter what he was at fault. I'm pretty sure I could get a 30,000# dozer on a trailer moving but that does not make it right. Any time you surpass the weight of the truck it's the tail wagging the dog.