1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

longest length to pull safely?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by kimberlysp, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Jul 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM
    kimberlysp

kimberlysp [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kim
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab V-6
    :)We have a 2011 Prerunner, double cab, long bed, trying to purchase a travel trailer. I have read about weight size, wondering about length. Looking at several campers, one Palomina Ultralight 26BHSL dry weight 4,014 length is 26"9. Wondering if anyone has pulled longer with a little heavier of weight? Live in Houston, won't be pulling very far, not too many hills. Any input would be great. Thanks.:eek:

2. Jul 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Tow rating is 5,000 lbs. you should be good if the truck came with the tow package (different alternator, transmission cooler) and if it didn't you could always upgrade.

3. Jul 17, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    desert guy

desert guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan Blagg
    o.c.
    Vehicle:
    toyota offroad truck
    FiberWerx Tacoma front fiberglass clip, currie rear 9 inch, 35 Spline axles, sick nicks fab steering, Beard Seats, King Coilovers, Bypass, & Hydraulic Bumpstops, DEAVER Springs
    Make sure you get a trailer that is in the legal weight limit. ( I know there are many out there you can tow with your truck) Because if you are over the limit and get in an accident, you can be sued for it.
    I know a guy that lost in a big law suit when the accident wasn't even his fault. But the dirty lawyers turned it on him

4. Jul 17, 2012 at 4:46 PM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    I have no love for lawyers but if he was over weight no matter what he was at fault. I'm pretty sure I could get a 30,000# dozer on a trailer moving but that does not make it right. Any time you surpass the weight of the truck it's the tail wagging the dog.

djgynee likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top