Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

North Texas (McKinney) Suspension Install Help?

Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
North Texas (McKinney) Suspension Install Help?

So I ordered my OME lift kit this week from Toytec and it will be arriving tomorrow. I plan on doing the install on Sunday (07/22) at my house in McKinney. Since I am new to DFW/North TX, I don't know too many people. Would anybody want to help with the install? I'll provide the beer!!! Got a grill too, probably gonna cook up some burgers or something. I know how to do the install, and have done them before on my previous 2009 Taco, but it would be nice to have an extra set of hands to help. If you have any project you would like to work on too, I'm down to help. Gonna get an early start on Sunday, probably about 8 or 9 am. I will probably break loose the suspension Saturday night to make Sunday go faster.

If you're down to help out, just PM me or reply to thread. I'll send you my cell # and we can go from there.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I would help but not able to break away long enough to come all the way up there. Since you are new to the area keep this info for next time: www.trdparts4u.com is local at Toyota of Dallas and had the best price on the OME lift when I bought it. Plus no shipping and they gave me a discount off the website when I picked it up in person. Provided me with a few install tips from just putting the same lift on her truck. Think about getting the Dakar leaf pack, my best mod to date.
Good luck on the install. Did you go with the 885 springs?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I would help but not able to break away long enough to come all the way up there. Since you are new to the area keep this info for next time: www.trdparts4u.com is local at Toyota of Dallas and had the best price on the OME lift when I bought it. Plus no shipping and they gave me a discount off the website when I picked it up in person. Provided me with a few install tips from just putting the same lift on her truck. Think about getting the Dakar leaf pack, my best mod to date.
Good luck on the install. Did you go with the 885 springs?
Thanks for the info. I looked into the dakars but apparently they are better for off-roading then towing and hauling. Since I do more towing and hauling I'm looking into some other leafs. Yeah, 885x's
Old 07-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
The dakars are badass for towing. This is with out their optional AAL. Close to 6000 pounds, tounge heavy and still plenty or room before hitting the bump stops.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
The dakars are badass for towing. This is with out their optional AAL. Close to 6000 pounds, tounge heavy and still plenty or room before hitting the bump stops.

Thanks for that pic and review man. I may start to reconsider now.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
im very near you, in allen, but i know nothing about any mechanical stuff, and im busy that day as well. otherwise i could have come to just be an assistant or something. and learn for future lift install
Old 07-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #8
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
how's the install going
Old 07-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznutx View Post
how's the install going
Went well..started about 10:30 am. Finished about 4:30. Did the whole thing by myself, but no biggie. I've done two other taco lifts before, one on my old 09 and one on a friends 07. At least this time, I knew everything's needed. I say that, but still had to make 5 trips to the local autozone, hahah.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #10
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CrackerJackMack's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJackMack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
Went well..started about 10:30 am. Finished about 4:30. Did the whole thing by myself, but no biggie. I've done two other taco lifts before, one on my old 09 and one on a friends 07. At least this time, I knew everything's needed. I say that, but still had to make 5 trips to the local autozone, hahah.
I knew I should have checked the forum more often! I was bored all Sunday!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #11
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
any pics of the install Seth?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #12

Here is the front passenger side after install, but hadn't reconnected sway bar yet, as the driver side still needed to be done.

Here are a couple pics of the truck after the lift

I would have, and planned to, taken more pics, but I got to the point where I was like "f*ck the pics!!! I just want to get this thing done."
Old 07-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #13

All in all, everything went smoothly on the install. Would have been nice to have an extra set of hands, but oh well, I made due. Just had to use my legs on a couple occasions on the front, in order to get the coil assemblies in.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #14

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
wish i coulda helped/learned but awesome results
Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
Agent
MRBOND101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
MRBOND101's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I would have found this post sooner. Would have been happy to lend a hand and learn some new things as my mechanical expertise isnt where I want it to be with my truck yet. But glad the install went well, good job man looks fantastic!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #17
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackMack View Post
I knew I should have checked the forum more often! I was bored all Sunday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBOND101 View Post
Wish I would have found this post sooner
x2 I'm just down the road too, oh well. Glad you got it all together though.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
FearThe19 is on a distinguished road
Name: S
FearThe19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
If you ever buy a lift kit, I'd b happy to help man. I love working on trucks.
I may enlist your help or ideas on lifting mine. I just got it last Tuesday from Toyota of Lewisville. There are tons and tons of lifts out there. Every person I've talked to that has done a lift (usually around 3) wishes they would have gone 6. I'm trying to keep that in mind. I have the Texas Edition, so it appears to be lifted a little to begin with.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #19
kayakvt is on a distinguished road
Name: Craig
kayakvt's Tacoma Gallery
New to area (sort of) and new to lifts

Hello guys - Just stumbled across this thread while doing some research.

I moved to TX from VA almost 2 years ago and picked up a '11 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4. finding myself needing new tires, and an upcoming hunting trip to Colorado got me thinking of lifts...it's a slippery slope. I live in Prosper, TX and work in Plano. I've been using this site for research for a couple months but just signed up recently.

Anyway, I just picked up a full OME (885/Dakars) kit from TRD4U today and will be installing it on Saturday. With any luck my new 255/80 17 Cooper ST Maxx's will arrive on Saturday as well.

I'll be doing the lift at my cousin's place in Allan, and if anyone is bored and wants to come by, the more the merrier! Shoot me a PM and I'll send the address.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #20
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I work weekends but live in Denton if you ever want to meet up I have a few places to go play in the trucks (I use my bronco most of the time now though) this moth is busy because I am getting work done for rednecks with pay checks but you should stop by I live right off 380 and 288 PM me