Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

All Texas Meet!

View Poll Results: When would you be able to attend an all Texas Meet?
October 27-28 2 9.52%
November 3-4 4 19.05%
November 10-11 5 23.81%
November 17-18 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
oliverlove will become famous soon enough

Name: Oliver
oliverlove's Tacoma Gallery
All Texas Meet!

Hey guys, I just got back from the Kickin SPI Meet this past weekend. My wife and I had a blast, and I know the others that made it did as well.

So, does anyone want to set up a meet at Hidden Falls(Centered in the state?) this fall, and see how many Tacoma's we can get out there?!

I was thinking October/November time frame, so its nice and cool for wheelin!!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
never been to hidden falls this might be fun

subd
Old 07-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Never really wheeled my truck

Subbed
Old 07-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adrian
aptech's Tacoma Gallery
subd
so we can agree on a date and then kase can make another meet on the same day for everyone to go to.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
oliverlove will become famous soon enough

Name: Oliver
oliverlove's Tacoma Gallery
How about November 3-4? It will be cool by then, sorta.

They do catering and tent rentals. Do we want to make this a real event for all of Texas?

I emailed them for some info about catering, and what it takes to hold a large event there. Should hear back soon.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would wait to see how much interest is shown in the next few weeks. Then get a poll going of which dates people want. If your gonna stay the OP youve got alot of work ahead of you lol...... Personally since texas is so big and we have so many different BS threads you might want to hit each of them up to spread the word (SA, el paso, texas and Houston). Once you get the word out and see who's interested let it go from there....
Old 07-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adrian
aptech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
I would wait to see how much interest is shown in the next few weeks. Then get a poll going of which dates people want. If your gonna stay the OP youve got alot of work ahead of you lol...... Personally since texas is so big and we have so many different BS threads you might want to hit each of them up to spread the word (SA, el paso, texas and Houston). Once you get the word out and see who's interested let it go from there....
you talk like youve done this before
Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I would plan a different weekend than the first one in November. That is the opening weekend of gun season for deer and a lot of people will not miss that weekend for anything.
I may be interested but will have to wait a little closer to time.
Also please note this park will provide your truck with damage. It is not really 2wd friendly.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #10
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Where's AJ when you need him he's great at planning meets
Old 07-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I would plan a different weekend than the first one in November. That is the opening weekend of gun season for deer and a lot of people will not miss that weekend for anything.
Also please note this park will provide your truck with damage. It is not really 2wd friendly.
x2
Depends how many taco drivers are deer hunters tho.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
x2

By my guesstimations, a lot.

Quote:
Excuse my French, but merde.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech View Post
you talk like youve done this before
never but planning something on this scale will take major effort by the OP

Quote:
Definitely will be trying to get sliders before then for sure.... maybe a front bumper too

Quote:
Where's AJ when you need him he's great at planning meets
Why dont you plan it noob *seriously please dont though

Quote:
x2
Alot you are this is texas after all, and besides deer hunting you've got dove, quail and duck season going on as well....
Old 07-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Would it be ok to bring my Tacoma as a tow vehicle for my 4Runner? I hope my old 4Runner is cool enough to run with the new Tacos. I guess I'm trying to say that I don't want to bring my old 4Runner if everyone thinks it is just going to hold up the group.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #15
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
never but planning something on this scale will take major effort by the OP

Definitely will be trying to get sliders before then for sure.... maybe a front bumper too

Why dont you plan it noob *seriously please dont though

Alot you are this is texas after all, and besides deer hunting you've got dove, quail and duck season going on as well....
I would HIGHLY recommend sliders. I know a front bumper may look good but a locker would be put to use A LOT more. The front bumper on these trucks is really not bad for clearance and approach/deparcher angles. I would buy a set of skids before a front bumper. Bud Built or ATO will do a great job protecting your belly.

And yes zech your old ugly 4runner is cool enough to hang with us.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #16
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
If the trails aren't truck friendly then I'm out. Don't need anymore pin striping lol
Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #17

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If the trails aren't truck friendly then I'm out. Don't need anymore pin striping lol
Don't worry about pin stripes. Its the rocks that will get you. Out there they seem to have an appetite for rear bumpers, rocker panels, fender flares and 8'' ring gears.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Don't worry about pin stripes. Its the rocks that will get you. Out there they seem to have an appetite for rear bumpers, rocker panels, fender flares and 8'' ring gears.
Oh fuck rocks lol that's challenge accepted!

Except for the fact that Automatics are best for Rock crawling. Standards burn up clutches doin that stuff.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #19
Agent
MRBOND101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
MRBOND101's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a great idea to me! My baby may not be able to handle the trails though lol
Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #20

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh fuck rocks lol that's challenge accepted!

Except for the fact that Automatics are best for Rock crawling. Standards burn up clutches doin that stuff.
Just use low range and get better at feathering the clutch. Or step up to 4.7 transfer case gears. Then you can crawl over anything without even touching the gas. Also a locker will help you have more control crawling since you don't need as much speed for obstacles.