Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Dallas/North TX Meet/Camping Trip?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dallas/North TX Meet/Camping Trip?

Anyone down to do a meet/camping trip to Ray Roberts Lake State Park Isle Du Bois unit? I was thinking that we could do another local DFW/North TX meet somewhere just to get familiar with each other better. Then sometime in the beginning of or mid September we could do a camping trip. Since some of us may have camping trailers (non-RV style) and some may be ground camping, we could camp in the Blue Stem Grove area, which accommodates both. I camped there with my M416 trailer a while back; not a bad area. There is running water at the sites, but no electricity hook up for RV's. If any RV people want to come, you could always camp at the Deer Ridge or Quail Run areas that have 30 and 50 Amp hook ups and running water, and during the day and evening come over to the Blue Stem area to hang out, its not far at all.

If anyone is interested lets start working on dates. Maybe September 15th & 16th? I'll probably be going these dates, either way.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #2
nitekrawler is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Air force A.G.E., dallas pd reserve
nitekrawler's Tacoma Gallery
I'm definitely game, but just a note anyone that would bring a boat Ray Roberts has zebra muscles now. Not to big a deal, just have to make sure to thoroughly clean and dry your boat before dropping it in another lake.

The link is an older article explaining the precautions, but if you google it you will be able to find the articles about Ray Roberts.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedi...?req=20120503a
Old 07-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
My wife and I have been meaning to get out to Ray Roberts sometime for some hiking and just to go because we haven't been. This could be a possibility if I could convince her to camp lol
Old 07-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down to go! Sub'd

Here is a link with more information for those that dont know about the park. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-pa...y-roberts-lake
Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
just depending when I can probably join, that said I dont know which weekends I'm busy either.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Agent
MRBOND101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
MRBOND101's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely would be interested just give me a heads up when we have a set date and time! September sounds pretty good to me. Have a 6 person tent if somebody doesn't feel like bringing their own.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
n00b
Jeremy J is a jewel in the roughJeremy J is a jewel in the roughJeremy J is a jewel in the roughJeremy J is a jewel in the rough
Army: 10th Mountain
Jeremy J's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested if there wasn't a CFB game that took me out of town.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
Taco Town is on a distinguished road

Name: Rafael
Taco Town's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down for a meet and camping... Keep us posted!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
We've been looking for some good places to camp. Let me know what dates are decided. Depending on what team we play on Saturday, i'm probably in.