Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Houston area!!!!!!!!Thinking of opening an ORP

View Poll Results: Good idea or bad idea
Good 24 92.31%
Bad 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
kolby34 is a jewel in the roughkolby34 is a jewel in the roughkolby34 is a jewel in the roughkolby34 is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Name: Kolby
kolby34's Tacoma Gallery
Houston area!!!!!!!!Thinking of opening an ORP

What do y'all think about an ORP between Sealy and Columbus? About a 45 min drive from downtown Houston. It would offer rock crawling, mudding, ATV race track, and whatever else I can come up with. Any feed back on this idea would be great.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I couldn't ever say it would be a bad thing to have. However I can't speak for the business side of it and whether it is a good investment, my opinion is purely from a consumer side. Yes it would be good to have one there and everywhere else
Old 07-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
kolby34 is a jewel in the roughkolby34 is a jewel in the roughkolby34 is a jewel in the roughkolby34 is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
kolby34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
Where you getting rocks from?
I'm sure I can find some
Old 07-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Law Enforcement:
kolby34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Personally I couldn't ever say it would be a bad thing to have. However I can't speak for the business side of it and whether it is a good investment, my opinion is purely from a consumer side. Yes it would be good to have one there and everywhere else
Well, the land is already paid for. So I'm thinking the only cost would be setting it up.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolby34 View Post
Well, the land is already paid for. So I'm thinking the only cost would be setting it up.
So I guess that means moving it to North Houston is out of the question?

I would say go for it.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sure I can find some
Was a legit question.

How much land?
Old 07-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Insurance will kill you..check into it before you take one shovel of dirt
Old 07-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
That and another thing to look into is the taxes. Even though the land is paid for, not sure if that would be considered an "improvement" and also that you are not using it to operate a business (unless you just made it free for all your Tacoma buddies to use whenever they want).
Old 07-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
future manager right here
Old 07-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
future manager right here
I thought he was going to send referrals to you for sliders so people can make it over the rocks and not have to worry?
Old 07-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I thought he was going to send referrals to you for sliders so people can make it over the rocks and not have to worry?
Thatl be my job durin the week since most offroad parks are only opened on weekends anyway
Old 07-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
Law Enforcement:
kolby34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, he's not making those anymore.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #14
Law Enforcement:
kolby34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
I'll look into that. As of now, and during park opening, there are cattle on the land. So there is an Ag exemption for taxes. But, I will look into it for sure
Old 07-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #15
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, he's not making those anymore.
Oh shit, what happened? I've been out of the loop.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
Law Enforcement:
kolby34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
Was a legit question.

How much land?
It's not a lot. I'm not looking at having a lot of trail rides, just a lot of hills and rock, and mud pits. Probably have a camping area too
Old 07-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #17
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Not enough interest yet. Talked to few adults for advice and they all advised me to wait till I was older and more financially smart and safe. So ima wait a lil while. Actually thinking about going to tech school and become a certified welder/fabricator and go full out and open up a shop and everything after school.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
Law Enforcement:
kolby34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He's been whining about the cost of the pipe bender
Old 07-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #19
DerpWerx Fab

And plus if I goto school and get licensed/certified then people won't have a problem trusting my products cause il go from being just a kid making sliders to a certified fabricator
Old 07-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
Law Enforcement:
kolby34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
And plus if I goto school and get licensed/certified then people won't have a problem trusting my products cause il go from being just a kid making sliders to a certified fabricator
I'll let you sale your stuff at my park. If one opens