Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Abilene / Dyess TX

Old 06-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
otters is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aircraft Hydraulic Systems Craftsman
Name: Rod
otters's Tacoma Gallery
Any of you guys down to meet up sometime? Maybe start a Wednesday night meet somewhere? Our Subaru group used to do that and it was nice to get together and just BS...who knows, you might even learn a thing or two. lol. I am not new to the area but somewhat new to the Tacoma world. I had a BSP 2009 X-Runner with black plasti-dipped wheels but just traded it in last week for a black TForce Tacoma.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #22
tacodude757 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Derek
tacodude757's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters View Post
Any of you guys down to meet up sometime? Maybe start a Wednesday night meet somewhere? Our Subaru group used to do that and it was nice to get together and just BS...who knows, you might even learn a thing or two. lol. I am not new to the area but somewhat new to the Tacoma world. I had a BSP 2009 X-Runner with black plasti-dipped wheels but just traded it in last week for a black TForce Tacoma.
Bowman?
Old 06-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #23
otters's Tacoma Gallery
Weichler?! lol
Old 06-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #24

Air Force:
Yeaaaaaa boiiii
Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #25
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
Are Tacomas from Albany invited to your megameet as well?
Abilene was the "big city" I used to frequent, but I don't recall seeing many Tacos around, just diesels.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #26
otters's Tacoma Gallery
FrankNasti - we haven't actually started any meets yet. I would like to try and get some people together for one. There are several kick ass tacomas around here though. 1st and 2nd gen. But you're definitely more than welcome when we get something set up!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #27
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know and if I'm in the area, I'll try to swing by. My wife is going to be stationed in San Antonio in August. I know they have their own thread, but I thought it was cool that Abilene had one now.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #28
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Staying overnight in Dyess. 14 hours on the road. Shoppette closes at 2100. We get here at 2110. No beer for me....
Old 09-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #29
otters's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, this thread has been dead for a little while! Bakerla I wish I would have seen this earlier...I would have offered up a couple cold ones. I'll try and check up on here more often.

Just wanted to share a little pic of the first true mud session I've had in my Tacoma. Had a good amount of rain and ended up going to Lake Kirby with a coworker/fellow Tacoma owner. I never realized how amazing our trucks are in the mud!!

And figured I'd add another....
Old 09-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #30
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
If only you guys were closer. I live in the middle of cow shit and crops at Cannon AFB.lol
Old 09-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #31

Air Force:
^
^
Dat Flex haha
Old 11-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #32
otters's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of slightly used WeatherTech floor mats if anyone wants them. $40. Black in color. Figured I'd post in here so you local guys could have a go at them before I post them in the FS thread. They came out of my 09 X-Runner so the driver's side is cut down a little for clutch pedal clearance. Text me (Rod) at 325-660-2433 if you're interested.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #33
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
whoa lived in abilene most of my life, now in dallas but i do go back once in a while. saw those pics of lake kirby haha i use to go out there in highschool back in the day. glad it's still a place to go
Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #34

Air Force:
It's nice when you're not getting a $200 ticket haha
Old 11-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #35
leeroycoverdell is on a distinguished road

Air Force: B-1 ISO crew cheif
Name: Leeroy
leeroycoverdell's Tacoma Gallery
Just joined, looking for people to wheel or just hang out with in the abilene area. Shoot me a pm and I'm down to meet up.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #36
otters's Tacoma Gallery
leeroy - welcome! are you new to dyess as well?

unfortunately, there aren't many people that get together around here it seems. tacodude, myself, and a couple coworkers with a jeep and FJ cruiser get together from time to time. we are trying to get more people together and start a meet. we have PLENTY of tacomas on base, just got to get them all together. if you know any more taco owners, tell them about our thread and lets set up a get together while it's still nice and muddy!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #37
leeroycoverdell is on a distinguished road

Air Force: B-1 ISO crew cheif
Name: Leeroy
leeroycoverdell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters View Post
leeroy - welcome! are you new to dyess as well?

unfortunately, there aren't many people that get together around here it seems. tacodude, myself, and a couple coworkers with a jeep and FJ cruiser get together from time to time. we are trying to get more people together and start a meet. we have PLENTY of tacomas on base, just got to get them all together. if you know any more taco owners, tell them about our thread and lets set up a get together while it's still nice and muddy!
No I've been here for about a year. I've been trying to find a group for a while without much luck so I decided to see who else was here and maybe get something going. I know one other guy with a 1st gen tacoma and another with a 1st gen tundra that would probably be willing to meet up but the one with the tacoma is at ALS. I'm glad you have some friends to wheel with and if y'all decide to hit some trails id love to join in.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #38
AMMO Taco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: AMMO
AMMO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Whats up, im new to TW but i have been in Abilene for 2 years. i drive the speedway blue taco on base that has the stock wheels painted black. I got a ticket for rolling around Lake Kirby on the trails by the dumbass lake patrol guy so i will no longer be going out there. there has got to be some better places to go around abilene. i would like to be able to go up to the hills off in the distance but i think its all private land.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #39
otters's Tacoma Gallery
AMMOtaco, I've seen your truck before...looks good! So, you got a ticket for just driving on the trails? It had to have been muddy, if it's dry they won't mess with you if you seem like you are just accessing a fishing spot.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #40
otters's Tacoma Gallery
Oh...and if you see this truck - run me down and say hi!