Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Moving to Killeen

Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to Killeen

Hey TWTX,

Fellow TW member from the Seattle area here.. Moving to Texas in a few weeks, I will be arriving around Oct 22nd. My sister and brother in law are stationed at Ft Hood and live just a few miles off base, I am moving in with them. I was going to move back to Phoenix (lived there 2007-2011) but my sister pointed out that its just as hot in TX ( i love the heat) so I might as well move to TX and be with them. I agreed!! I visited in July for a weekend and loved it. (maybe it was just the chick-fil-a and cracker barrel though ).

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and discovering Texas!! Looks like Hidden Falls is the next big meet coming up. Hopefully I will be able to make it.. Work schedule pending.. I work for Costco and put in a transfer request for the closest warehouse... Austin which is 60 miles away!! Obviously that will be quite the commute.. So I will probably end up finding a job closer to home. I have a CDL, so if anyone knows of trucking outfits in the area that are hiring, please let me know.

Also, any hunters in the area? I would like to start predator and hog hunting in the area ASAP. From my understanding almost all hunting land is privately owned, so I would have to obtain permission from the land owner and/or pay fees to hunt on a ranch? (This is a big change from AZ and WA where there a numerous public hunting areas)

Can anyone clarify if a hunting license is requred for coyotes or hogs? From what I understand on the TPWD website, I have to live in TX for 6 months before I qualify for a resident hunting license, otherwise its $315 for a non-resident.

Thanks for any help and I am excited to join TWTX!!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Texas um I mean hell. I would love to live in WA. Been up there a few times and it was beautiful. Here it's hot, hotter just to damn hot.

Don't know much about hunting tho, but I know A lot of guys around here do hunt. So maybe they will chime in.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure on the lenght of time before you can get a resident hunting license. Most hunting land is private but there are some public opportunities. The TPWD website has a lot of info. You might have decent luck getting permission to hunt hogs and predators from land owners.
The commute to Austin from FT Hood would be way too far for me to consider.
If you have a CDL you should be able to find a job a little farther south within the Eagle Ford Shale. Also there is a shortage of drivers all over the country.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
mgrace is on a distinguished road

Army: OH-58 pilot, 6ID, 8ID
mgrace's Tacoma Gallery
I live near Ft Hood and it takes an hour to get to Austin. With a CDL you can get a job quickly hauling roadbase. Hunting is a pay to play deal here, unlike public land states. I hunt preds on Hood. Unfortunately we cannot simply go out to the desert wheeling or shooting like in AZ. Pm me when you are ready and I can help on the pred hunting.

Mike
Old 10-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard, find your way to the Texas BS thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...bs-thread.html
Old 10-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help guys. Mgrace, I will PM you soon
Old 10-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #7
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to start searching for work in Temple. I know HEB groceries just opened up a new dc in that area. Come to think of it Temple is full of distribution centers for groceries. Good luck and welcome to Texas.

FYI traffic on i35 is a BITCH!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TX... Killeen sucks, but you'll figure that out soon enough
Old 10-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
killeen sucks!. Im stationed on Ft. Hood. ive heard about the 6 month resident hunting permit deal but i dont hunt. I fish though but for me its free cause of the whole military thing. I know that there are guys in austin what meet up every last sunday of the month. havent been able to get out there yet though. search for the austin monthly meet and you should be able to find it. hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Killeen does suck. As far as hunting, you'll have to pay to play like the others have said. If you just want to coyote/hog/predator hunt you may be able to get in with someone that has some farm land/cattle/etc that would let you take care of their predator problems for free. Hogs are fucking terrible all over the state right now. For a license, I was told by a game warden that if you were going to fire a gun at an animal in Texas (game animal or not) you needed to have a hunting license.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2ND Infantry Division
Name: Steven
0LyRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm Stationed here at Ft. Hood like many, I live in Temple tho. I haven't seen any meets around the area but I think we should come up with something. I have chilled with Battle Pope before I know he would be down.

I see so many Taco's around post its sad that we haven't all gotten together. Hit me up tho we can figure something out, same with you tacohound. And welcome!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svach11 View Post
I'm Stationed here at Ft. Hood like many, I live in Temple tho. I haven't seen any meets around the area but I think we should come up with something. I have chilled with Battle Pope before I know he would be down.

I see so many Taco's around post its sad that we haven't all gotten together. Hit me up tho we can figure something out, same with you tacohound. And welcome!
im down for a meet up sometime, im surprised with how many there around here, what side are you on. 1st cav or 3 cr.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #14

Quote:
Yeah I know right, it can be as simple as hitting up a restraunt.

I'm on 1st Cav side, I'm in 2-8Cav. Currently in WLC tho (almost done)
What about you?
im on 3cr side. ive thought about putting flyers on tacomas around here to get more taco owners aware that we are a tight nit group.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #15
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacohound View Post
im on 3cr side. ive thought about putting flyers on tacomas around here to get more taco owners aware that we are a tight nit group.

Haha totally thought about the same thing. And not meaning to thread jack but this is the first newcomers post around here that got some replies.

I hardly get the chance to drive my taco onto hood cuz the gas but dude totally down to start something up in the ft hood area with y'all.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Haha totally thought about the same thing. And not meaning to thread jack but this is the first newcomers post around here that got some replies.

I hardly get the chance to drive my taco onto hood cuz the gas but dude totally down to start something up in the ft hood area with y'all.
lets do it up sometime. Any others on the great place down?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
fergutroid is on a distinguished road
Name: Wes
fergutroid's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Central Texas. No better place...
Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacohound View Post

Just found this thread with someone producing awesome cards to hand out to Tacoma owners that might not be on TW yet.

They look awesome and are a good price so I placed my order for 50 of them to let some central texans know and I am gonna start a Ft. Hood thread here shortly
Old 10-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #19
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just found this thread with someone producing awesome cards to hand out to Tacoma owners that might not be on TW yet.

They look awesome and are a good price so I placed my order for 50 of them to let some central texans know and I am gonna start a Ft. Hood thread here shortly
i'll send you more then 50
Old 10-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
i'll send you more then 50
Thanks Neon! Those were exactly what I was looking for, cant believe I found them and you make them, even better!

I made a Fort Hood BS Thread lets start this going guys and I posted the link for the cards on there as well.