Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?

Old 11-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #21
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
The map is a recent print but the trails have not been rerated in a couple of years.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
Ah well, I guess I shouldn't have just thrown the map in the floor then.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #23
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I had thought about updating their map and posting it on here; but I don't have enough time right now. They are missing a lot of trails in the Minos and the current ratings are way the hell off.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #24
DocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to behold

DocsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just made a trip out to Bridgeport yesterday and spent a few hours out there on some trails. Sad to say, I was the only truck out there! There were a lot of Jeeps, but mostly Quads and ATV's.

The park map they give you is absolute garbage; couldn't make any sense of it, so I pretty much drove around on the trails by trial and error. A lot of the trails are really rutted out and makes it that much more challenging for a truck at stock height!

Anyways, wasn't a bad trip, but definitely would like to plan another one with some members.
Attached Thumbnails
Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-b.jpg   Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-1-1-.jpg   Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-1-2-.jpg   Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-1.jpg   Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-2-1-.jpg  

Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-2-2-.jpg   Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-2.jpg   Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-3-1-.jpg   Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-3.jpg   Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-4-1-.jpg  

Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-5-1-.jpg   Offroading Trails in Dallas/DFW Area?-photo-5.jpg  
Old 11-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #25

It is really a lot more fun when you have more people with you. Also most of us know the place pretty well now so we can get you to more places you can test your truck; and if need be give you a pull to get unstuck.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #26
DocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
It is really a lot more fun when you have more people with you. Also most of us know the place pretty well now so we can get you to more places you can test your truck; and if need be give you a pull to get unstuck.

Sounds good!

Let's try to plan a trip soon Been thinking about buying a Quad since getting back from Bridgeport haha...
Old 11-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #27

It will have to be later in November probably. I'm already set for HF in a couple of weeks. December will probably have at least one trip to Bridgeport.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #28

Quote:
It will have to be later in November probably. I'm already set for HF in a couple of weeks. December will probably have at least one trip to Bridgeport.
Sounds good man!

Just shoot me a message on here!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #29
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

I'm probably good for the 2nd weekend in December.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #30

I'll have to see when it gets closer; I'm also going to be trying to take my CHL class in there somewhere too.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #31
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll have to see when it gets closer.
x2
Old 11-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #32

Quote:
I'll have to see when it gets closer; I'm also going to be trying to take my CHL class in there somewhere too.
I've got to renew mine next year, but may wait until January to take the class. Luckily for me, it's only half a day. Not the entire 10 hours again.