Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Fort Hood BS Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2ND Infantry Division
Name: Steven
0LyRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Fort Hood BS Thread

Central Texans

This is a Meet and BS thread for anyone in the Fort Hood area.

I see a lot of Taco's around but it seems very few of them have heard of TW
Help spread the news in Ft. Hood, Killeen, Cove, Heights, Belton, and Temple.

Sunday the 14th of April at Lions Park in Temple???

Would anyone want to go. Lets get a meet together, its been a really long time.
Grilling, Football, Chillin, Drinks.

Weather is supposed to be 84 partly cloudy. Sounds good to me!!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Monthly Meets

With all the holidays around I'm going to push our first meet out to
DECEMBER 1ST
IT'S A SATURDAY AND PAYDAY

Belton has a cool restaurant called
Dead Fish, it's a chill spot on the lake.

Meet up time around 1:00PM

Try and spread the news, I've noticed not a lot of people around here aren't aware of TW.

Tacoma World Cards
Old 10-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully some other guys and gals show their faces on this thread.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Yo! Hope everyone is doing well. I just arrived in town last night, looking forward to meeting some of you guys! ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...g-killeen.html ) !

Is there anybody who knows how to do UCA's? Would be awesome if someone could help me with the install. I took part in the LR UCA group buy a few weeks ago, but didnt have time to get them installed before the move.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #5

sry, cant help with the uca's cause I wouldnt know what to do... but to contrast what I just said I do have a haynes manual that would prolly show how to.

Oh yeah and welcome to killeen. :/
Old 10-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
mgrace is on a distinguished road

Army: OH-58 pilot, 6ID, 8ID
mgrace's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner316 View Post
Yo! Hope everyone is doing well. I just arrived in town last night, looking forward to meeting some of you guys! ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...g-killeen.html ) !

Is there anybody who knows how to do UCA's? Would be awesome if someone could help me with the install. I took part in the LR UCA group buy a few weeks ago, but didnt have time to get them installed before the move.
How hard can it be? I gotta torch. Just kidding, but i do have welders, torch, jacks etc in my shop but I live about 30 miles north near Gatesville. I bet there is a link with pics here somewhere.

Mike
Old 10-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrace View Post
How hard can it be? I gotta torch. Just kidding, but i do have welders, torch, jacks etc in my shop but I live about 30 miles north near Gatesville. I bet there is a link with pics here somewhere.

Mike
Sweet, lets chat Mon/Tues and figure out a game plan to get it done.

I went on a hunt in Bertram last night. Got myself a grey fox!! Going back out there tomorrow night and going to be a little more patient waiting on hogs before I start predator calling.

I will probably be a bit tired on Monday, but hopefully we can still meet up.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
alexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the rough

Army: Rifleman, A CO, 2-7 CAV, 4BCT, 1CD
Name: Alex
alexrosado's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to alexrosado
where do yall go mudding? Only decent place I've found is in florence on some guys farm, pretty ok spot.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #11

Thats tight, I'm always on the look out around Temple.
I go to Austin a lot, I might try and meet up with those guys again.
I rode with them down to SPI last July, pretty sure they go muddin and what not some weekends.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #12
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just to touch base with Central Texans. I own a house in Killeen, if you guys are interested in buying a 3 bdrm 1 1/5 bathroom with a 1 car garage let me know. It is for rent as well. I dont want to hi jack the thread just want to put this out here. Let me know, its a great deal to rent or own.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #13

Op. Let me know if this meet is still on for the first. I'll try and make it out there.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacohound View Post
Op. Let me know if this meet is still on for the first. I'll try and make it out there.

Yep, it's on down at Dead Fish bar and grill. Might just be me and you lol but no homo.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #15
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I am being reassigned to a job at Ft. Hood and I am looking for a place to stay. Anyone know of any decent places around Killeen, or should I focus in Belton? Any places to stay away or crappy parts of town to avoid?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #16

Lets just put it this way, I don't go to Killeen for anything but work. Rancier Ave. is always a no-go. I live in Temple and I make the commute I can actually refer you to the apartments I live in. They are brand new and my wife just started working as a leasing agent.

PM me for more information.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svach11 View Post
Lets just put it this way, I don't go to Killeen for anything but work. Rancier Ave. is always a no-go. I live in Temple and I make the commute I can actually refer you to the apartments I live in. They are brand new and my wife just started working as a leasing agent.

PM me for more information.
How long is the commute from Temple? I'll be working at the new hospital (the construction site).
Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
How long is the commute from Temple?
I'm also looking for a good place to live in the Ft. Hood area. My current room mate and I will be PCS's to Ft. Hood around June 2013, depending on when we get out of Ranger School. We are looking to buy a house, maybe with enough land to set up a gun range. If anyone knows of some areas to look in, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
How long is the commute from Temple? I'll be working at the new hospital (the construction site).

Temple is about 30 minutes, Belton is nice tho its only about 10-15 minutes
Some people like to live in Round Rock because its only like 15 minutes from Austin but 40 away from Ft. Hood