Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Chl Do you have one? If so, what do you carry?

Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #1
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Chl Do you have one? If so, what do you carry?

Figure with all these mass shootings out there. I just wanted to see who carries.

I have a hk usp 357 sig ( hints my name) I been carrying for 7 years.
Next upgrade hk p30!

Watch "It Only Took This Army Vet 3 Minutes To Destroy O…" on YouTube
It Only Took This Army Vet 3 Minutes To Destroy O…: http://youtu.be/imw8YGyPgk4
Old 12-18-2012, 05:13 AM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
not yet. but think i will carry a Glcok 27.

edit: also thinking about a ruger 380. so i have to guns for when i go different places or wear different styles.

also it’s a CHL in TN as well. all tho i don’t plain on open carrying unless i'm 4 wheeling or camping. and at those times i may carry a glock 22. because if i need to use it it will most likely be because of some animal or something(that may have rabies or that is trying to attack me, so i would like more rounds.) i can’t conceal that gun very well being a smaller guy.(5’8"ish and 120)
Old 12-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #3
JRob33 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Barksdale AFB
Name: Josh
JRob33's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on where I am going and what I'm wearing I carry a Glock 30 .45 or a North American Arms .22 Mag <-----don't laugh...I did initially then fell in love that I could throw it in my pocket and not notice it was there. I'm also eyeballing a Springfield XDS
Old 12-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #4
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Getting my license next month hopefully. Have an XDS to carry when I do.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Difference between the xd and the xds?? I had an xd when they first came out. Then sold it and got my hk.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #6
Gladi8r is on a distinguished road
Name: Gordy
Gladi8r's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, if you live in Texas and are legally able to obtain one I think you should. I carry a glock 19 with a rmr
Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #7
Long Member
Chayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force: CS SOF Gunship/Avionics PM
Chayes119's Tacoma Gallery
I carry...been carrying for over 10 years. My gun of choice here lately has been The Judge.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:46 AM   #8

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8r View Post
Yes, if you live in Texas and are legally able to obtain one I think you should. I carry a glock 19 with a rmr
X2
If it was legal to conceal a shotgun in my trousers I would.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayes119 View Post
I carry...been carrying for over 10 years. My gun of choice here lately has been The Judge.
^^the Judge .410 ga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
X2
If it was legal to conceal a shotgun in my trousers I would.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #10
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
^^the Judge .410 ga.
i like the S&W governor better, and it holds 6 instead of 5. only thing the judge has over it is the judge can shoot the 2 1/2 and 3” 410 shells when the governor can only shoot the 2 1/2” shells. but their is not much difference between the shells i would rather have one more shot than a linger shell.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
i like the S&W governor better, and it holds 6 instead of 5. only thing the judge has over it is the judge can shoot the 2 1/2 and 3” 410 shells when the governor can only shoot the 2 1/2” shells. but their is not much difference between the shells i would rather have one more shot than a linger shell.
Good info, my old man wants one (almost got him one for Christmas). I'll look into the Governor also.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Good info, my old man wants one (almost got him one for Christmas). I'll look into the Governor also.
yeah i think it shoots a little better as well. my buddy and his dad have had both. just got the governor not long ago. also i hear/read a lot about the timing on the cylinder on the judge being off and it not firing right. it will “shave” the bullet when it hits the edge of the barrel. i hear and think S&w makes a much better version. S&W will also shoot 45ACP and 45 long colt.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Bodyguard 380 ... appendix carry. I don't carry it all the time (I should). I just haven't found my perfect carry method yet.

If anyone is looking for a good CC book to read... It's called "In The Gravest Extreme" by Massad Ayoob. Awesome book!
It talks about the choices you have to make (when to defend yourself) and the legalities of making that shot (its not as cut & dry as you think)

I might read it again...it's good to refresh!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #14

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Bodyguard 380 ... appendix carry. I don't carry it all the time (I should). I just haven't found my perfect carry method yet.

If anyone is looking for a good CC book to read... It's called "In The Gravest Extreme" by Massad Ayoob. Awesome book!
It talks about the choices you have to make (when to defend yourself) and the legalities of making that shot (its not as cut & dry as you think)

I might read it again...it's good to refresh!
There are two females on YouTube with real nice holster videos. Different ways females can carry and what type of holsters they use.
Limealife is one of them and I forgot the name of the other one. But I'm sure she will pop up in the same type of video slot
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #15
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
There are two females on YouTube with real nice holster videos. Different ways females can carry and what type of holsters they use.
Limealife is one of them and I forgot the name of the other one. But I'm sure she will pop up in the same type of video slot
Believe me... I've probably seen them all (including the bra carry).
I already have a couple different IWB (both tuckable and non) holsters but I don't use em. My body mechanics at wy waste-line doesn't give me room to draw easily (hard to explain). I've come to the conclusion that I need cross-draw appendix.

My husband just bought me a kydex IWB that I haven't worn yet. I need to order a good sturdy belt.

Daily (for work), I need to use a Remora (the entire setup needs to be quick on and quick off).
Old 12-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Glock30, bulky but gets the job done.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #17

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Believe me... I've probably seen them all (including the bra carry).
I already have a couple different IWB (both tuckable and non) holsters but I don't use em. My body mechanics at wy waste-line doesn't give me room to draw easily (hard to explain). I've come to the conclusion that I need cross-draw appendix.

My husband just bought me a kydex IWB that I haven't worn yet. I need to order a good sturdy belt.

Daily (for work), I need to use a Remora (the entire setup needs to be quick on and quick off).
Well, sorry I wasn't able to help out. But at lease your not one of those females that carry in there purse. Always asked them what would happen if someone snatched your purse from you? Now they have your purse and your gun.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 AM   #18
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
Sold my SIG 239 40cal that I had been carrying. I now carry a FEG PA-63(looks like a Walter PPK) 9x18, a normal 9mm is 9x19. Depending on what I am wearing I also carry my ruger SR9.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #19
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I carry a large maglite and a large knife. All the defense I need.

Plus I'm not quite 21 yet so I can't own a handgun anyway...