Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Corpus Christi

Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #61
K Dog is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
K Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Pins = Paradise/Fish haven

Plan your drive down during low tide, it's like a highway sometimes.
You can turn the 6 hour+ drive to Mansfield into a 2 hour drive on the low road during low tide.

I usually go there at least once a month sometimes more.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #62
Doomsday will become famous soon enoughDoomsday will become famous soon enough

Doomsday's Tacoma Gallery
PINS is one of the reasons why I’ve been wanting to move back home.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #63
Tacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Tacoma0Josh's Tacoma Gallery
K dog - How would i figure out when its going to be low tide and what would be considered low tide? Im trying to figure it out before i make the drive down there and the high road be almost underwater from a high tide.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #64
Bad Habits is on a distinguished road
Bad Habits's Tacoma Gallery
Google Kleberg County tides. There should be plenty of info available. IIRC you enter the park in Nueces county but all the good spots are in Kleberg.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #65
K Dog is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
K Dog's Tacoma Gallery
You can just go on magicseaweed.com and go off of bob hall pier cause all the info is going to be reletivly the same.

Or a more precise way would be to call this number (361) 949-8175. That's the parks beach conditions line. It gets updates daily too.

I wouldn't worry about the high road being underwater, that usually happens when a storm surge comes through. When it's high tide you just can go on the low road and haul ass through there.

Be sure to have a tire repair kit too cause there is a lot of nasty shit that will puncture your tires down there. I hit something 20 miles down that put a small hole in my tire (stock tires at the time) but I fixed it within 3 minutes with the repair kit, so I could keep truckin along.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #66
Tacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Perfect post K Dog, just the information i was after! I have a spare tire, in case of a flat unless you suggest i still buy a repair kit.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #67
DB3 is on a distinguished road

Name: Daniel
DB3's Tacoma Gallery
The other day couple of friends of mine were talking about making a camping trip out there. Definitely looking forward to taking my truck out there!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #68
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma0Josh View Post
Need some info from you Corpus guys. Im planning a fishing trip down PINS and im wanting to drive all the way down to the end of the island to fish from the jetti. My truck is 4x4 however it is bone stock, and my question is would i be able to navigate all the way to the end or would i run the risk of getting stuck? Also how gnarly is yarborough pass?
I'm your going to PINS. I've been all the way down to the jetties in my '07, only upgrade being larger 256/75 tires(Pic in my avatar). Items to bring: shovel, tow strap, extra gas, fishing supplies I was able to cross at Yarborough Pass without any concern. You'll likely not need the gas, strap or shovel, but better safe than sorry. Have fun!!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #69
Army:
Thanks Kirk! Ive got the tow strap, extra gas can and of course fishing gear but the shovel is something i didnt think of although it makes a ton of sense.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #70

All this PINS talk is making me excited. I got 4 day weekend planned for Memorial Day Weekend. I already had planned to go down for fishing in CC area, not sure what spot I’m hitting yet or what day(s).
Old 05-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #71
Army:
Dude im over anxious to get down there, i havent been in a year and im jones'in. At least you live closer, ill be mkaing the drive from north dallas!

4 days down on PINS would be paradise, doesnt matter when you go just make sure you go!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #72
With the recent rain it seems like as good a day as any to find a mud hole somewhere. Better not get stuck. My buddies flaked on me.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #73
mbritton28 is on a distinguished road
Name: Max
mbritton28's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know somebody that can paint badges and emblems on my truck in cc?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbritton28 View Post
Me I did mine recently. Haven't put them back yet cause I'm can't find my adhesive. Pm me your number and I'll send you some pics. Buy the beer and paint and we'll get it done.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbritton28 View Post
If you are painting them black, just plastidip it. I did, so easy. No more chrome on my Taco.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #77
mbritton28 is on a distinguished road
Name: Max
mbritton28's Tacoma Gallery
yea i might actually just plasti dip them. I just dont know how to get them off and put them back on.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #78
southtxtaco is on a distinguished road
southtxtaco's Tacoma Gallery
whats going on fellas. Im in Alice, just wanted to say whats up
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #79
cameron172 will become famous soon enough

Navy: Student Naval Aviator
Name: Cameron
cameron172's Tacoma Gallery
Just moved to Corpus on orders to NAS. I see plenty of Tacos on the base, wondering if they're on TW.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtxtaco View Post
whats going on fellas. Im in Alice, just wanted to say whats up
Hello, thats my stomping ground.