Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Lift Help in Houston

Old 01-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
sbrosita is a splendid one to beholdsbrosita is a splendid one to beholdsbrosita is a splendid one to beholdsbrosita is a splendid one to beholdsbrosita is a splendid one to beholdsbrosita is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Steve
sbrosita's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Help in Houston

I am thinking about buying this lift kit from Toytec and wanted to see if there is anything else missing from the kit that i would need to install it and more importantly if there is anyone in the Houston area that can help me with the install since i doubt i can do this myself and would rather use the money for new tires.

OME Suspension lift kit
Front coil options: Med_885_coils
Top plate spacers: No_top_plate_spacers
Rear Options: ToyTec_add-a-leafs__Standard
Front Diff drop kit: No diff drop kit (2WD) (- $29.00)
Add Rear shock stone guards (Pair): NO
NEW! Assemble front shocks/coils with new bushings: NO
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get add a leaf or blocks for the back?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
sbrosita is a splendid one to beholdsbrosita is a splendid one to beholdsbrosita is a splendid one to beholdsbrosita is a splendid one to beholdsbrosita is a splendid one to beholdsbrosita is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
I went with the add a leaf, but i haven't put in the order yet so am open to any suggestions.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrosita View Post
OME Suspension lift kit
Front coil options: Med_885_coils
Top plate spacers: No_top_plate_spacers
Rear Options: ToyTec_add-a-leafs__Standard
Front Diff drop kit: No diff drop kit (2WD) (- $29.00)
Add Rear shock stone guards (Pair): NO
NEW! Assemble front shocks/coils with new bushings: NO
AAL
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I went with the add a leaf, but i haven't put in the order yet so am open to any suggestions.
I would get one of the 3 leaf progressive AALs instead of a 1 leaf AAL if I was getting an AAL.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
I hate doing aal! Haha but I'll help you put on the front!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
If back home by then I might be able to help as well
Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Go ahead and get the full OME Dakar Leaf Pack for the rear.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #10

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
If back home by then I might be able to help as well
I have a few rules if he helps.
1: no mini skirts
2: no standing behind me
Lol
Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #11

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
I have a few rules if he helps.
1: no mini skirts
2: no standing behind me
Lol
Only if i can use those rules with you
Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #12

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only if i can use those rules with you
What part of Houston are you in?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #13
Tacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Tacodriver08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
I would get one of the 3 leaf progressive AALs instead of a 1 leaf AAL if I was getting an AAL.

I agree with his suggestion, I would buy just the front components themselves from ToyTec and then purchase the 3-leaf progessive AAL kit from wheelers off-road >http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoaal.htm

It's a better alternative, I am running them on mine and they work great, plus you get some increased payload capacity.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #14

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
What part of Houston are you in?
I live up in Spring. Do you have a shop or somewhere down there we could use? I dont mind driving once everything comes in. My driveway isn't flat and i dont have the jacks and probably some of the tools.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #15

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
No shop just a driveway.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #16

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Funny how I don't mind helping other fix there truck or cars. But I hate working on my own truck. Not really hate just lazy
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #17

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Oh!! We have this coming up if you can join.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...ston-meet.html
Old 01-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #18

Marines:
That sounds fun. I don't expect much interest in the Super Bowl the next day and with a stock 2WD truck, i can function as the "cooler on wheels" somewhere along the convoy. Let me see what i have going on and then post to that thread.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #19
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodriver08 View Post
I agree with his suggestion, I would buy just the front components themselves from ToyTec and then purchase the 3-leaf progessive AAL kit from wheelers off-road >http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoaal.htm

It's a better alternative, I am running them on mine and they work great, plus you get some increased payload capacity.
Oh.... I see they have a new heavy duty 3 leaf AAL.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #20
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I live up in Spring. Do you have a shop or somewhere down there we could use? I dont mind driving once everything comes in. My driveway isn't flat and i dont have the jacks and probably some of the tools.
somebody else up north. I'm in Huntsville so not to far north of you!