Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

4th Annual South Padre Island Meet Thread 07/6/2013

Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tone33 View Post
The truck is already full lol $10 a seat
Haha you serious?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #22
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
Haha you serious?
Nah I'm not charging, but I have people going already lol
Old 01-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #23
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svach11 View Post
I'll be driving from Temple if we wanna roll together? Thinking we should sleepover in SA. I did the early morning thing last year and bro that was a long day of driving.
I'll be coming down from Round Rock, and could convoy with you. What do you think about going to South Padre a day early, and then meeting at Wal-Mart when everyone else rolls in?

x2 on the long-ass drive. Got up at 330am, didn't make it to camp till 5-6pm. FFFUUUUUUUUUU.....
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #24
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
I also have a GoPro-like camera now. If I mount it to my headache rack, I could get some good tailgunner shots.

This is us stopped somewhere in BFE, we weren't even half-way and look at how many Tacomas we gathered!

Caption said 27 Tacomas. Twenty-seven!!

Could we have Mark lead the beach convoy, with his flags, and I'll bring up the rear, with my huge 6ft pirate flag? We may loose a truck in that flag if anyone goes behind me :P
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #25
Smurfette
baconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
baconbits2_98's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
hey becky, yeah its an overnight thing, saturday to sunday, but some folks will be there friday or earlier. bring a tent and sleep on the beach or get a room if sleeping in sand is not your thing.
Last year there were some from houston, so y'all can meet up and convoy to corpus or something.

ill be there again of course, cant wait for this years meet. thanx for setting it up again Ink!

Im sure we'll see a bigger turnout this year.
Cool. I have no problems camping out. Considering it's about a 7+ hr drive for me I won't know for sure til it gets closer. Have a few other trips planned around that same time frame so will just have to play it by ear.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #26
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

Name: Bert
BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for sure! 3rd year for me and excited as ever! I'll have my 1st gen Taco with me again and hopefully my wife with her 2013 FJ as well!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2ND Infantry Division
Name: Steven
0LyRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
That was a long drive man, it must have sucked for those coming in farther than SA.

But wasn't it awesome when we pulled into the walmart parking lot and found MORE tacos there waiting for us, when we only expected 2-3?!?!

THis year, once everybody starts arriving in the parking lot, we should really try to line up all the trucks for a good picture, that way they won't look as scattered in the pic. The way we parked last year with the two rows facing each other was awesome, but we can definitely work on aligning them more this year for a BAD A$$ shot.

And I'll try to take better pics as we are leaving the lot, cuz those would make some great pictures.

Better pictures lining up outside the beach entrance...
better pictures of the drive down the beach...

oh shit, i'm getting all excited.

Hahaha yeah must have been nice to just roll out of bed at 7:15 and drive down the street. We should be more organized and maybe even people that are already in Harlingen pick up the final burgers. We waisted a lot of day light doing that at Walmart in Port Isabel... The saying goes something like "4th times the charm..." right?

I have a couple pictures I don't think I ever shared
This is leaving Port Isabel

This is a picture from you Ink, I think, which is the other end of the above picture

This is all of us in Harlingen

Great Times!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #28
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post
I'll be coming down from Round Rock, and could convoy with you. What do you think about going to South Padre a day early, and then meeting at Wal-Mart when everyone else rolls in?

x2 on the long-ass drive. Got up at 330am, didn't make it to camp till 5-6pm. FFFUUUUUUUUUU.....

Yeah, thats a possibility. It will be 4th of July weekend and all. I will keep my ears open. I'm hoping I'll still be in Texas!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #29
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Steven, you are right about how much time we spent getting the stuff in Walmart. Heck you went in with us, pushing around two karts full of burgers, chips, sodas, and beer. hahaha

That was nice on everybodys part to pitch in some $$ I woulda been broke hahaha
Old 01-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #30
oliverlove will become famous soon enough

Name: Oliver
oliverlove's Tacoma Gallery
Ya.. Well whenever you guys want to get down to my neck of the woods let me know! I'll make sure the beer is cold when you get here!

In for sure! Hopefully I'll have some exterior speakers to complete the light show on my truck!!

See you guys soon!!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #31
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverlove View Post
Ya.. Well whenever you guys want to get down to my neck of the woods let me know! I'll make sure the beer is cold when you get here!

In for sure! Hopefully I'll have some exterior speakers to complete the light show on my truck!!

See you guys soon!!
Did you buy them from Amazon?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #32
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pumped for this years meet ill fibally be able to make it to no matter what! Unless some major happens...
Gonna get a tent an all that good stuff for sure gonna try and get a YETI cooler, and other stuff thats neccesary
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
Hey Steven, you are right about how much time we spent getting the stuff in Walmart. Heck you went in with us, pushing around two karts full of burgers, chips, sodas, and beer. hahaha

That was nice on everybodys part to pitch in some $$ I woulda been broke hahaha
Ha, yeah I don't think I'll ever forget that epic trip into Walmart with a million buns and patties. Yeah, all the folks were awesome! People wanted to pitch in.

I didn't stay the night at the beach last year, I wish I would have to get to know everyone better.

P.s.- I asked for PCS move to Ft. Lewis, WA for July today. This should set it up for me to have this time off
Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #34
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully I'll have my spindles before I go
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #35
AggiePilot12 has a spectacular aura aboutAggiePilot12 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
AggiePilot12's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on military.. But I'm in! That long line of Tacos convoy'n down the beach looked too cool to pass up. I'll be coming from Del Rio (3hrs west of SA) may have to meet up with y'all somewhere after SA but we can figure that out later.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #36
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
Wow ! This looks great! Im new to the forum and I was just cruiding through and noticed a Texas Portion and here we are ! Im in Corpus Christi and Im in the Harligen area all the time. I would love to check out the meet! As long as time permits ill try and make it, Dont know if the old lady would be for staying all night but hey we shall see. I can definalty meet up and ride out from Corpus!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #37
xpocad has a spectacular aura aboutxpocad has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryan
xpocad's Tacoma Gallery
I talked to one of the Fire Fighters. He said if we wanted, we can organize the trucks and He can post up his ladder and take an arial shot.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpocad View Post
I talked to one of the Fire Fighters. He said if we wanted, we can organize the trucks and He can post up his ladder and take an arial shot.
That would be sick :O
Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #39
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpocad View Post
That would be awesome!!!! If he's up for it.

If anybody here knows anybody with a tacoma let them know!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #40

Add me to the list as going INK! And cmon people I know yall wanna come !