Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

4th Annual South Padre Island Meet Thread 07/6/2013

Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
4th Annual South Padre Island Meet Thread 07/6/2013

Hi TacomaWorld!!!

Well it's that time of the year again to start planning waaaaay ahead of time!!! So that anybody who wants to CAN make it to this years SPI meet!!!

It will be on the 6th of JULY, it lands on a Saturday as usual. Hopefully it will be a super packed beach and plenty of sun for a good show.

For those of you in the SA area, we will ride out that same morning, preferably no later than 7:30 am from here:

714 W Loop 1604 N
San Antonio, TX 78251

From there we'll drive down to the Corpus area and meet with the guys and or gals from there in an area:

TBD

From there We'll ride down and Stop in Harlingen to refuel, and meet up with more people in that area if they haven't already headed to SPI. From there we'll head out to Port Isabel and get everybody together in the Walmart parking lot and wait for about 30-45 minutes for any stragglers and buy stuff for grillin'and beers and chips and what not...

THen we'll head over, in what many of us hope, will be the biggest tacoma convoy SPI has seen to date!!!

We set the bar pretty damn high last year and there is no way we can go lower.

So

7:30am Leave San Antonio
8:30 am leave Corpus after meeting up with people from the area
10:00-10:30 be in Harlingen. refuel, meet some more tacomaworldlings
11:30-12:00 be at Port Isabel
no later than 1 pm we head over to SPI

With 2-3 stops between SA nd SPI that timing sounds about right...

So that being said, here is a recap of the previous years :P

1st year:

2nd year:

3rd Year:
d
Pulling into the beach!!!

So as you all can see, it has grown quite a bit in the last 3 years, hopefully this year will be MUCH MUCH bigger.

So mark the date on you calendars, tell your bosses there's no way in hell you are going to work on that Saturday, do what you must, but make it to this year's SPI meet, it is an experience you will not forget!!! Good people, good times!!!

Also, if you plan to bring anything let us know, so we can put it next to your name. canopy, grill, fire wood, etc...

Goind:
Me paper plates, bag of burger patties (20 pack)
tc98tacoma
RDtacoma
EATABULLETcom
2tone33
MrsPib
BERTHDZ
oliverlove
xpocad
Hgkilla
Mason04
XB81
Tactical Tacoma
SteelersTacoma
TexasOutLaw
WillRunner05
TXprotrd
Luis1120
SingleCabGuy
VinnyMack
gnstpd

Maybe:
tmreyes
baconbits2_98
98cbtacoma
AggiePilot12
CFalco50
Large
BulletToothTony
Pegeezy

As the time gets closer, if your plans change, let us know, so I can fix the list.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Theres no way im missing it this year!! 4th times a charm haha...Seriously Joel im going this time!!
Im excited to be one of the few first gens most likely
Old 01-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #3
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
Even the thread is better than last years
Old 01-15-2013, 03:45 AM   #4
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
Hi TacomaWorld!!!

Well it's that time of the year again to start planning waaaaay ahead of time!!! So that anybody who wants to CAN make it to this years SPI meet!!!

It will be on the 6th of JULY, it lands on a Saturday as usual. Hopefully it will be a super packed beach and plenty of sun for a good show.

For those of you in the SA area, we will ride out that same morning, preferably no later than 7:30 am from here:

714 W Loop 1604 N
San Antonio, TX 78251

From there we'll drive down to the Corpus area and meet with the guys and or gals from there in an area:

TBD

From there We'll ride down and Stop in Harlingen to refuel, and meet up with more people in that area if they haven't already headed to SPI. From there we'll head out to Port Isabel and get everybody together in the Walmart parking lot and wait for about 30-45 minutes for any stragglers and buy stuff for grillin'and beers and chips and what not...

THen we'll head over, in what many of us hope, will be the biggest tacoma convoy SPI has seen to date!!!

So

1st year:

2nd year:

3rd Year:
d

So as you all can see, it has grown quite a bit in the last 3 years, hopefully this year will be MUCH MUCH bigger.

So mark the date on you calendars, tell your bosses there's no way in hell you are going to work on that Saturday, do what you must, but make it to this year's SPI meet, it is an experience you will not forget!!! Good people, good times!!!

Goind: (The line under the word means it is misspelled)
Me

Maybe:
As of now you can count me in
Old 01-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
Smurfette
baconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
baconbits2_98's Tacoma Gallery
Do yall make it a weekend thing or just a day trip kinda thing? Put me down as a maybe. I hope to make it - but would be leaving out friday though as that's a pretty good drive from Houston.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #6
98cbtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
98cbtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
hopefully ill be able to go haha who is there to meet to from up around waco... id either be in my first gen or the lease second gen 2013 trd magnetic grey 4x4. either way its a taco lol
Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
xpocad has a spectacular aura aboutxpocad has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryan
xpocad's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait for this year's meet. Last year was pretty awesome. Hope to meet more of you guys this year.

I know we had some trouble deciding on a place to park last year. I think if we go further down, we can do some 4x4ing with out worrying about the authorities.

Im also considering camping out this year!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #8
RDtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Albert
RDtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hi TacomaWorld!!!

714 W Loop 1604 N
San Antonio, TX 78251

TBD

So

1st year:

2nd year:

3rd Year:
d

Going:
Me
RDtacoma (Albert)

Maybe:
Ill be going probably for the whole weekend starting the 4th.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #9
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits2_98 View Post
Do yall make it a weekend thing or just a day trip kinda thing? Put me down as a maybe. I hope to make it - but would be leaving out friday though as that's a pretty good drive from Houston.
hey becky, yeah its an overnight thing, saturday to sunday, but some folks will be there friday or earlier. bring a tent and sleep on the beach or get a room if sleeping in sand is not your thing.
Last year there were some from houston, so y'all can meet up and convoy to corpus or something.

ill be there again of course, cant wait for this years meet. thanx for setting it up again Ink!

Im sure we'll see a bigger turnout this year.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #10
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2ND Infantry Division
Name: Steven
0LyRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98cbtacoma View Post
hopefully ill be able to go haha who is there to meet to from up around waco... id either be in my first gen or the lease second gen 2013 trd magnetic grey 4x4. either way its a taco lol

I am going for sure if 1. I'm still stationed at Ft. Hood. 2. My block leave is at that time (which it should be).

I'll be driving from Temple if we wanna roll together? Thinking we should sleepover in SA. I did the early morning thing last year and bro that was a long day of driving.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpocad View Post
Cant wait for this year's meet. Last year was pretty awesome. Hope to meet more of you guys this year.

I know we had some trouble deciding on a place to park last year. I think if we go further down, we can do some 4x4ing with out worrying about the authorities.

Im also considering camping out this year!
Yea, some people were talking about the tide coming in and us not having enough room between us and the dunes behind us to really do anything.

This year we'll just keep driving until we find a big enough spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
hey becky, yeah its an overnight thing, saturday to sunday, but some folks will be there friday or earlier. bring a tent and sleep on the beach or get a room if sleeping in sand is not your thing.
Last year there were some from houston, so y'all can meet up and convoy to corpus or something.

ill be there again of course, cant wait for this years meet. thanx for setting it up again Ink!

Im sure we'll see a bigger turnout this year.
Yep, I couldn't believe the Houston guys actually made it out, it was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svach11 View Post
I am going for sure if 1. I'm still stationed at Ft. Hood. 2. My block leave is at that time (which it should be).

I'll be driving from Temple if we wanna roll together? Thinking we should sleepover in SA. I did the early morning thing last year and bro that was a long day of driving.
That was a long drive man, it must have sucked for those coming in farther than SA.

But wasn't it awesome when we pulled into the walmart parking lot and found MORE tacos there waiting for us, when we only expected 2-3?!?!

THis year, once everybody starts arriving in the parking lot, we should really try to line up all the trucks for a good picture, that way they won't look as scattered in the pic. The way we parked last year with the two rows facing each other was awesome, but we can definitely work on aligning them more this year for a BAD A$$ shot.

And I'll try to take better pics as we are leaving the lot, cuz those would make some great pictures.

Better pictures lining up outside the beach entrance...
better pictures of the drive down the beach...

oh shit, i'm getting all excited.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im probably gonna camp out ine night but may head out early and go down there for the fourth of july !! Just depending on if i csn get that many days off too...
Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I'll make it this year ink!!! Now I know when to take my vacation
Old 01-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
Im probably gonna camp out ine night but may head out early and go down there for the fourth of july !! Just depending on if i csn get that many days off too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tone33 View Post

If I have to knock you guys out and tow your trucks out there with you in them just so that y'all will make it, I'll do so!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
If I have to knock you guys out and tow your trucks out there with you in them just so that y'all will make it, I'll do so!
who will pay for towing? Lol
Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmreyes1 View Post
As of now you can count me in
Hey man I saw u the other day on Callaghan towards 151, I was in the Firestone truck
Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tone33 View Post
Ok im riding with you then hahah jk
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #18

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
Ok im riding with you then hahah jk
The truck is already full lol $10 a seat
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #19
Yea, I'll probably be riding solo this year, if not with my sister, on the way down there. In Harlingen I'll be picking up my other sister and my bro in law, and my mom if all goes well.

I told my mom all about it last year and she had one of those faces of, oh I wish I coulda gone, but she had to work that day last year.