Notices

Fishing Tactics

Old 01-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing Tactics

So who here is into fishing? I know that most of us live in the coastal area or close enough for a weekend trip every now and then. I'm looking for some guys to hit the water with.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Smurfette
baconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
baconbits2_98's Tacoma Gallery
I'm always up for fishing!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
I'll go fishing with ya! But not that far down in corpus! Lol meet half way? Freeport?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of...!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...ston-meet.html
Old 01-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Smurfette
baconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
I'll go fishing with ya! But not that far down in corpus! Lol meet half way? Freeport?
Matagorda!! would be much nicer and closer to midway point. Though Port Aransas has some nice fishing too
Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFalco50 View Post
So who here is into fishing? I know that most of us live in the coastal area or close enough for a weekend trip every now and then. I'm looking for some guys to hit the water with.

I've always wanted to go fishing in PINS!!! I live in SA, just bought a surf rod a few days ago that's itching to be used.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Aaron (TEX) is a big fisherman. I'd love to get some gear and go out. Honestly, I used to fish as a kid all the time. I'd ride my bike, rod and tackle box in hand, down to a local corporate park that had this tiny pond to go fish. I don't have that gear anymore.

I should go out and get some stuff but I have no idea what to get. It's been too long lol
Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
Smurfette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Aaron (TEX) is a big fisherman. I'd love to get some gear and go out. Honestly, I used to fish as a kid all the time. I'd ride my bike, rod and tackle box in hand, down to a local corporate park that had this tiny pond to go fish. I don't have that gear anymore.

I should go out and get some stuff but I have no idea what to get. It's been too long lol
Best advice it to get gear based on what type of fishing you do/is available where you live (i.e. freshwater vs. saltwater) everything after that is all just personal preference
Old 01-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #9
Im always up for a fishing adventure. I have never heard of Matagorda but sounds pretty cool. This college student needs a short vacation every now and again!
Do any of you have set up for rod holders on your trucks?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Im always up for a fishing adventure. I have never heard of Matagorda but sounds pretty cool. This college student needs a short vacation every now and again!

I hear ya on the short vacation now and again, as a fellow college student.

Here's my setup. It's just some spraypainted plywood with a few rod holders screwed into place...

This was at SPI about 2 years ago
Old 01-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #11
Hey I can Tell it gets the job done!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post

I've found that buying fishing gear at stores like academy closer to the ocean yields better gear than land locked stores in Austin or Dallas. Salt water gear is just more durable. Next time you take a trip to the ocean get you a Nice Penn pole and reel. Maybe just entry level. But that is night and day compared to those Shakespeare combos at wallyworld
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #13
K Dog is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
K Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Well Im in corpus as well and I go fishing MAAAAYYYYYBEEEEE alittle too much

Here's my Fishing Machine

Old 01-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #14
I bet you catch alot off the national sea shore with that rig! That looks awesome man we need to go catch somethin!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #15

K Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah Its hit or miss sometimes but yeah we can do some fishing for sure.

Do you go to TAMUCC?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Dog View Post

Do you go to TAMUCC?

DUUUDE I'm definitely down for some fishing at PINS!!! I've never been there, but I really want to go.

With enough planning I'm sure we can get some interest.

Nice set up by the way. After snapping rod tips twice when I just threw them in the bed I decided to make something to keep them out ofthe way. Twice I closed the tail gait on the rods.

That taught me a lesson!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Dog View Post

Do you go to TAMUCC?
No I am attending Delmar, cheaper I plan on transfering to TAMUG when im done with basics.
Maybe next weekend we can toss a few poles in the packery channel or something, weather permitting.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #18
Smurfette

Quote:
Matagorda has some really good fiishing and is probaly about 2.5 - 3 hrs from corpus
. A group of us usally head out there at least once a year for a weekend trip. Its a great place for trout, redfish and flounder.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #19

K Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
DUUUDE I'm definitely down for some fishing at PINS!!! I've never been there, but I really want to go.

With enough planning I'm sure we can get some interest.

Nice set up by the way. After snapping rod tips twice when I just threw them in the bed I decided to make something to keep them out ofthe way. Twice I closed the tail gait on the rods.

That taught me a lesson!
Well you wanna plan a day a week or 2 from now on the weekend for a Fishing/Meet and Greet at the beach
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #20
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a guy that has PVC set up in his truck bed for poles. It was cool. I'll try to find it.