Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Ideas for a Texas Tacoma Meet...

Old 02-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Exclamation Ideas for a Texas Tacoma Meet...

We have some guys asking about a Texas Meet. We tried to get one together over a year ago, but we couldn't get enough people together for it. To give us some time to plan, I am proposing a Texas Tacoma Meet in May or June.

We need someplace public that we can have decent trail riding for the off-road guys and nice drives for the X-Runner guys all while keeping to a central location. If you want to see where everybody lives relatively, check this out.

Lets here what you think...
Old 02-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BTW for any TW gathering - The TW Code of Conduct should be followed by all members. there will be no street racing, no illegal activities, and everyone should remember to tread lightly. Respect for other members (and non-members) will be expected.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
CenTex Honky
drifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drifter379's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in seeing some of the other members rides in person. Have a few cold ones and swap lies for an afternoon. With the majority of Texas members being in D/FW Houston and Austin I vote on a location around Austin somewhere. I dont really know anywhere to go wheelin but it is fairly equal distance to Htown and D/FW. I probably would not go to Houston only because I hate that town and only bad things happen when I go there.

Regardless I am interested in a meet and greet. If I can help in any planning let me know.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter379 View Post
I would be interested in seeing some of the other members rides in person. Have a few cold ones and swap lies for an afternoon. With the majority of Texas members being in D/FW Houston and Austin I vote on a location around Austin somewhere. I dont really know anywhere to go wheelin but it is fairly equal distance to Htown and D/FW. I probably would not go to Houston only because I hate that town and only bad things happen when I go there.

Regardless I am interested in a meet and greet. If I can help in any planning let me know.

Being that I am in San Antonio, I second the Austin idea. I am willing to bet some one in that area would know of a great place to meet...

*cough* silverback07 *cough*
Old 02-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
CenTex Honky
drifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have 2 1/2 acres out in liberty hill. The back way to marble falls is only about 20 minutes if you drive slow. If I talk to the wife I might be able to convince her to let everyone meet up here. For out of towners we have plenty of room for camping.

Silverback do you know any places to go wheelin out on 1431? Im about 5 miles south of town here is a link on google maps so yall can get an idea of what we are close to.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=12&iwloc=addr
Old 02-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!

Marble Falls area sounds great to me. That area is gorgeous!
Old 02-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would be interested in seeing some of the other members rides in person. Have a few cold ones and swap lies for an afternoon. With the majority of Texas members being in D/FW Houston and Austin I vote on a location around Austin somewhere. I dont really know anywhere to go wheelin but it is fairly equal distance to Htown and D/FW. I

x2
Old 02-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #8
CenTex Honky

I forgot all about that place. They just opened in the last year or so right? Anyway I maped it and its 17 miles from my house. So like I said if there is enough interest I will talk my wife into it. I have a smoker. So yall can bring meat or we can have a collection to buy brisket and such and we can have a BBQ here also. I really dont want to take this over just trying to make suggestions to really make this happen. Besides Im not relly that mechanically inclined so if I meet som local TW members I might get some help on mods.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #9
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
I forgot all about that place. They just opened in the last year or so right? Anyway I maped it and its 17 miles from my house. So like I said if there is enough interest I will talk my wife into it. I have a smoker. So yall can bring meat or we can have a collection to buy brisket and such and we can have a BBQ here also. I really dont want to take this over just trying to make suggestions to really make this happen. Besides Im not relly that mechanically inclined so if I meet som local TW members I might get some help on mods.

I think we can make this work.

We need to get some more people on-board with this. We won't finalize anything just yet, but this is looking very promising so far.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
CenTex Honky

Yeah we need to get some more interest, also I see 60 members in the D/FW Htown Austin area.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Meeting, camping, drinking at drifters land sounds awesome! BON-FIRE?

It will be a bit of a drive from me, but im down for a road trip.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #12
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
290 mi – about 6 hours 1 min ... for me

Old 02-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #13
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I've got no ideas, but I do have plenty of spare time on my hands. I'm down for whatever.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
CenTex Honky

Thats the spirit. No fires unless we get some rain between now and then.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
CenTex Honky

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
290 mi – about 6 hours 1 min ... for me

Take 7 over to 79
79 to 35
35 to 29 and that gets you close.

230 miles.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I probably would not go to Houston only because I hate that town and only bad things happen when I go there.
Funny, I feel the same about Dallass, lol.

Marble Falls thang would be cool. I have a buddy that lives in Drapers Cove right by Lago Vista off 1431. Boulder Creek is on the way to Marble Falls from his place. Very cool area for the Xrunners & wheelers. I'd def be down if we get in our house before then, better since it's supposed to be finished end of April or so.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #17
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
I would be interested in seeing some of the other members rides in person. Have a few cold ones and swap lies for an afternoon.
Those are the BEST meets. Nothing better then just shootin the shit..

I am always down for meets!! Might even be able to get my XR brethren to join as well. Location doesn't matter to me, I go out to Houston twice a month for meets.

Even if we don't get anything all that big, just a meet and greet is enough of a reason for me to come out.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #18
OFFROADCARWASH is on a distinguished road

Army: Will start basic training in July of this year.
OFFROADCARWASH's Tacoma Gallery
Try and get the meet as close to San antonio. Ive taken my taco there for hunting trips and it is a blast. rocky hills/small moutains. By the way san antonio is amazing it is so beautiful. My opinion is on San An or the out skurts of it.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #20
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Sign my a$$ up!

I'd love to meet some fellow TW members. And this time I won't be saying no (silverback)

Marble Falls works for me.

P.S.----Glad to have you back 007Tacoma