Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Did a Snow Run from Houston to New Mexico

Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
WillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WillRunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Did a Snow Run from Houston to New Mexico

Last week I took a trip to The Enchanting State of NewMexico!!! It was a quick turn-around trip from Houston to Red River and back.

Sunday was a long 14 hour drive from Houston to Red River onSunday…

I arrived late that night.

My room was upgraded to a river front/ski slope view!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
WillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks to a light snow Sunday night/Monday Morning and overcast the conditions weren’t too bad on the slopes…

After boarding I decided to go explore and see what kind oftrouble I could get into…

…and trouble is exactly what I got lol…

Stuck in deep snow… on the side of the road, yeah, I’m anidiot hahahaha!

I spent about an hour digging myself out until a fellowTexan in a F-250 stopped and offered to pull me out.

After I was free I went to check out Eagle Nest Lake…

Later that day it really started to dump!!! I could nolonger see the road…

Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #3

The next morning…

On the way home

14 Hours later I arrived home (12:05am Wednesday morning)…

Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Love the runner! Yea, you Texas guys don't get much snow, so i guess that a good excuse for getting stuck in the snow! I was stationed in fort hood for 3 years and loved Texas.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
Love the runner! Yea, you Texas guys don't get much snow, so i guess that a good excuse for getting stuck in the snow! I was stationed in fort hood for 3 years and loved Texas.
Thanks!! Sadly, I can't use that excuse... I'm originally from California and I've done many snow runs in the past, I was even bragging to a co-worker on how I wouldn't get stuck and there I was, stuck on the side of the road of all places. Hahahahahaha!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 AM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I want to make a road trip over there one day. Looks nice, I am jelly.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I want to make a road trip over there one day. Looks nice, I am jelly.
You should, it's a long drive but totally worth it!